Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen this yet? I got the new issue (issue 99) in the mail today. On the back cover is a picture of a 50s Anglia called "Anxious" sitting in the pits at Lions back in the day. Man, What a COOL car!! I just love cars that are built out side of the box and not the same old, same old!

Anyone have an old 50s model Willys sitting around? There's your next project!!:cool:

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Not yet I get my gasser mag second hand.....looking forward as usual.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Thx for posting Gary. I am pleased with this forum too!:)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Ol Blue for posting the picture! I would have liked to post it, but it seems to be such a PITA to post pics on this sight. Another story for another time.

Anyway, this car screams COOL! I find it interesting that the rear end is narrowed and tucked inside the body when, at the time, it would have been more likely to have the slicks hanging out a few inchs on each side with rounded wheel wells. Seeing cars like this is another reminder why the 60s was the Golden Age of Drag Racing. People where experimenting and trying everything, unlike today when the only difference in cars in any giving class is the paint scheme.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Old school for sure build a chassis and then find some thing to drop on for a body

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
It is very interesting to see a narrowed rearend in that era. Not that they didn't have the technology, but it just wasn't often done on a gasser style car. Pretty cool car, and would love to hear more about the details of the build.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts