Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOOOONG time gasser guy , have had more n a couple since the 70's
46 Austin ,55, 2- 56's, 57, 3- Henry J's ,A PU, 2-40 Chevy, 51 Chevy, 53 Chevy 36 Ford (now) Dealing on a 47 Thames Only waiting for shipping quotes.
A smattering-

Attachments

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Man, I've dreamed of owning one Gasser. You've had a whole stable of them. You're my hero Dude. LOL! Nice cars. Are you building one now? If so start a project thread in the project section so we can see what you do and how you confront problems. I'm glad you found us and joined in. Looking forward to seeing what you have.

Mark L

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm a huge Cat fan, Had a 63 SD Cat, 65 421 HO Cat, and a 389 GP w 389 4 speed. In the mid to late 70's everything B.blk (BAD mileage and HIGH Ins. rates)and Altereds, Gassers sold cheap as they were blacked out by NHRA - No Hot Rods Allowed, Many got put back on the street and did double duty as bracket and street cars. Altereds came back for a short time but were eventually phased out. Many left and wenr to IHRA or for a short time AHRA(which eventually became a mud/monster truck Org.)
Holding my breath . I am dealing on a Thames and only waiting for some shipping quotes to buy it.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Dgas. I would kill to have an original SD. I had a '63 Catalina Ventura in '73. Original 421-375 HP 4 speed ex-NHRA Stocker. One of the rubber rods had broken and cracked the one piston. Got the car with a '63 389 in it but two empty 421 blocks and two cranks. I got a great deal (20 bucks and I remove it) on a '69 GTO RAIII with 48 heads. Put that in the '63 with a wide ratio B/W 4 speed, 3:89 posi,and a '65 Tri-Power. That thing flat ass hauled. Sounded great when those trips would open. Would have liked it back but I've gone much farther with this '63 so I'm not looking back anymore. I had a feeling I'd be liking you when you joined, now I know why, LOL. Glad you 're here.

Mark

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lost the Thames today B4 I had a shipper setup :( Still looking Thames, Anglia, Austin Dorcet (2dr), 33 Willys

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Welcome D/gas. Please if you have older photos, start a thread and show us some of the older ones you had. Looking forward to your purchase and build. Put your feet up and stay awhile.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts