Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I saw this website and love gassers so I thought I would join. I have a 55 chevy that had a straight axle. I found the frame was junk so I scrapped the whole frame and axle. I bought a different frame and just got a 57 chevy truck axle that has been sitting for about 40 years out in the woods. someday I will start working on this thing again.
Oh yeah and hello to everyone!

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Welcome aboard! Great to have two new members tonight and both with '55s! That combo should work great, a friend of mine here built a street car with that setup and it works great.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Welcome Supershift. Another '55??? Love it. That '57 axle will bring your tire/rim track out really nice to the edge of the fender line. I have that axle on my '63 Catalina and it's still too narrow for my likes. I bought a complete disc brake set up from Speedway for it so I have a great set of brakes on the front now. Look into the kit if you need brakes for that '57 axle. You'll have to start a project thread in the project section and let us watch you build your car. Very glad you could join our little party here and looking forward to seeing more of you. Enjoy the board and never be afraid to ask for info or help. We're all glad to help. Mark L

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Welcome! The Speedway disc conversion is a great choice as it also converts from 6 lug to 5x4.75" pattern too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts