Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this site...great to see guys who love original grass roots racing and period cars. Been gathering info here to help with my build. I wouldn't say it's a gasser ( 61' unibody f-100 with a volare suspension ( way low)...mild build 350( hump heads, weiand intake,750 carb, mr.gasket headers running stock 9in with 3:90 gears and a 700r4.) A bit of a Frankenstein. Hoping to see you guys at the track

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
T-Bob, welcome to the site. I'm in AZ now but I originally lived in Elkhorn WI up untill 4 years ago. Spent a lot of time and left a lot of rubber at Union Grove. Glad you found the forum and joined in. Mark L

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Welcome aborad. Always liked the unibody F-100s. My brother had a blue one and it was pretty cool. Don't see them much here. He found his in Wyoming when he lived out there. They were all over the place - maybe used in the mines or something.

Mike

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Welcome T-Bob..... I think the more you look around on the GHR forum the more you see how everyone here accepts "whatever you brung" without any "Oh you can't do that" like in other places on the Internet.

We have seen a LOT of UNIQUE what we LIKE to call "Gasser-Styled" HOT RODS .....

Whether they be "Traditional-Styled" .....

.... Or NOT .....

..... and "everything" in between.

Look forward to hearing & seeing more about your project!!!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
T-bob, cool truck used to own a 62 unibody with a 302 and automatic, then sold it to a friends Dad and bought a 55 post. Still would like to have both.
Andy

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Welcome T-Bob! Unibodies are unique, and your's sounds even more unique! We definitely have a lot of "frankenstein" type cars in the gasser world!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts