Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all !
New guy from Seattle area wanting to say "hi" . Recently acquired a 55 Chevy straight axle car . I have been lurking for a while here , lots of information to be had that's for sure. I hope I can maybe answer a question or two while I ask hundreds .:D

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Hello and welcome heartybeatman. Glad you decided to join in and share your build with us. Every car and every build here is special. We love to look in and learn and/or teach as it may be. Looking forward to seeing what you're up to. Start a thread in the project section and I hope you enjoy your stay with us. Mark L

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Welcome to the site. Glad to have another '55 from the NW! All of us in the NW are going to have to have a get together at a show or something. Looking forward to a build thread on your car.

Mike

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Welcome to the site, ther are more than a few people lurking out there! Thats cool though, glad you joined in. Looking forward to seeing your car. Mike and Vall I think that is a great idea.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Welcome Heartbeatman, 55 is my fav out of the three,,, Looks llike your up to speed on the pics,,,thanks, looks cool,,,So what is next on the project list? Or should I say how is this current one going? Story to follow in the build section?,,,,I'll take a look-see

·
Registered
510 Posts
Heartbeatman, looks like a nice graft on the framerails. Questions about the brake caliper brackets, why do you have them mounted forward, is it because of the flipped steering arm for the cross steering?
Andy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heartbeatman, looks like a nice graft on the framerails. Questions about the brake caliper brackets, why do you have them mounted forward, is it because of the flipped steering arm for the cross steering?
Andy
It's a speedway kit and the steering arms are supposed to go towards the rear I guess , per the instructions , they talked about mounting them lower but that put my drag link at a wicked angle so I mounted them in the upper holes. The calipers are supposed to be opposite of the steering arms, no room otherwise . I think they should work ok that way ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts