Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropping a note to say hello. I am a car geek for sure and in love with gassers. I have a 64 chevy II post that I hope to turn into a gasser to take to the local cruise ins. I have a speedway kit for the front and a 12 bolt rear out of a vega, hope I can make it work. I have more parts than skills! Glad to find this site for sure! Also never written on forums before, just lurked. This is a place I hope to be active!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Welcome to the site Whiplash. Are you old enough to remember Snidley Whiplash? There are some great Nova's here and just nice folks, although a little warped about gassers. Have fun.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha, no don't remember him but I googled the name. Have to check out some of the cartoons. I am pretty warped about them myself so I will be in good company, although none of my local buddy's get the gasser vibe. I hope to get some good tips. This certainly looks like the place to be. Mine will be more of a cruiser than a race car. 4:56 gears will keep me close to home though.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Welcome Whiplash from Welcome! That's a great body style. I tried and missed on two this year. That's the gasser that got me hooked on 'em. Love to see some photos of it, even as a w.i.p.

Mike

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the "welcomes", I can see this place is going to be my lunchtime hangout. I will try to take some pics of the car this weekend and figure out to to post some up. I know I absolutely love to look at pics of others cars done and in process, so I will join in with mine.

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
Welcome Whiplash! Your buddies might not get the gasser thing, but you'll be amazed how it's received when you're done and cruising through town! Gasser style cars really draw a crowd around my area, and mainly because they aren't as commonly seen!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Welcome Whiplash. Good to have another North Carolinian aboard. Are you south of Winston or down east? Look forward to seeing your little Duce and watching your build. The gassers don't seem to be as previlent here as in other parts of the country but they're just as Cool!:D Enjoy your stay! :)

·
Registered
699 Posts
Welcome to the club. Many people don't get gassers until they know the history behind gassers. The two gassers at a car show I went to attracted a lot of attention.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have been in love with the "look" since I was a kid and saw a pic of one. You are right, around here I have just recently started to see a couple street versions pop up. At the dragstrip, ( Farmington) I have seen a couple in the past also. Welcome is on the southern side of Winston, between Winston and Lexington. I took some pics last night of the Chevy II, so today I will learn how to post them.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
A big GasserHotRod welcome to you Mr. Whiplash. Notice the respect?? You'll get plenty here. We love any all kinds of gasser style builds. Does not matter the base starting piece of canvas. We LOVE Gassers. You are building a classic base car for a gasser and you will not be sorry you took the plunge. Very glad you chose to join in the madness with the rest of us crazy people. Like Vall said previously. People don't realise how much they like these cars until they see them going down the street. They represent some of the coolest modifications to a street type car you can do to them, in a race/street car fashion. Get us some pics and when you start your project, and start a thread in the Project section so we can watch your progress. One big warning. Once you commit to the Gasser style, things you didn't even realise that you want to do to the car, becomes everything you want to do to the car. So, again, a giant welcome aboard. Enjoy your time here and we are right behind you 100 percent. Mark L

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am working on putting a few pics up and starting a project thread today! Thanks again you guys. Steve

·
Registered
510 Posts
gassers forever

Hi, whiplash I myself am starting my gasser build just been gatherin parts before decon and mockup. i'm close to where you are and have been buildin hotrods for many years if you have any questions or want to bounce any ideas off me shoot me a line i;ll try my best to answer to the best of my ability. Andy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts