Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi you guys. I am just now getting into Gassers for real as an adult. I'm 61 years old but you wouldn't know it. Until now all I had were model cars of my favorite gassers even from when I was a kid.

You guys my age were lucky enough to be around to see these bad boys in there beginnings. I'm real glad to be here, and thank you.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Welcome from another Texan. I'm really glad you decided to join in. I am just a guy who will always be a kid at heart, especially gasser hot rods.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome from another Texan. I'm really glad you decided to join in. I am just a guy who will always be a kid at heart, especially gasser hot rods.
Thank you very much "noted1017" Your description of your self describes me exactly, we will get along great! Can you post some more pictures of your car please? Or direct me to where they may already be? Thanks.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Welcome to the forum Warlock! Glad you're getting started, regardless of what age you start at! I've enjoyed the gassers all my life, and think this car hobby is one of the best things anyone could do!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Welcome Warlock! I'll warn you,,,, you will like it here!!! My journey has been fun and my tread is the high nosebleed stance 37 chevy coupe on page 3, in the project update section, my last updates of was a little over a year, school has gotten on the way. There are threads here that will help you through the steps and individual’s help too by just posting a question. If you do a build thread, you will have a great photo album that you will enjoy more and more as time goes on,, and we get to enjoy it with you.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Welcome to the site Warlock. If you need any suggestions on cars to build in gasser style, I am sure we can cook up something for you :). Give us a shout when you need suggestions or help. Look around and stay awhile.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome Warlock! I'll warn you,,,, you will like it here!!! My journey has been fun and my tread is the high nosebleed stance 37 chevy coupe on page 3, in the project update section, my last updates of was a little over a year, school has gotten on the way. There are threads here that will help you through the steps and individual’s help too by just posting a question. If you do a build thread, you will have a great photo album that you will enjoy more and more as time goes on,, and we get to enjoy it with you.
Wow thank you very much! I do like it here, and we are getting new people in as well I see. I'm real happy to be here and maybe make new friends.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the site Warlock. If you need any suggestions on cars to build in gasser style, I am sure we can cook up something for you :). Give us a shout when you need suggestions or help. Look around and stay awhile.
Thank you sir very much. I actually do have a 62 Nova Gasser but I am a little afraid some here will be put off by some one who bought their car ready built, rather than building my own. I found my car on craigslist, I just flipped out when I saw it, its all new but I cant take any credit for the build. I will however be making a lot of changes my self, I would prefer a 700 R-4 trans rather than the Turbo-350, and run an Edelbrock duel quad set up on my 383.
I want to run Cragar SS's all around. But all the hard to come by stuff is there already.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I wouldn't worry about that. We love all cars, built or bought. Besides we can corrupt you into building another or modifications to this one. However, I would say it looks pretty cool the way it is. Yah did good!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I wouldn't worry about that. We love all cars, built or bought. Besides we can corrupt you into building another or modifications to this one. However, I would say it looks pretty cool the way it is. Yah did good!
Thanks for the kind words. But I honestly feel that when you have built your own car from the ground up "after finding one" there is a source of pride involved buying one ready built doesn't give. And there is the bonus of knowing how it was put together when its time to fix it. I already have Monster transmission building me a super duty 700 R-4 with a 4th gear switchable lock up converter and B&M Street Bandit shifter.

And I love Cragar S/S wheels, so a deep set for the rear and narrow for the front running M/T Sportsman radials is on the way. The 383 stroker is fresh built making 505 HP @ 6.500 on the motor, with a 200 HP shot of nitrous that only the bottle portion is installed at the moment. I ordered a nice Edelbrock duel quad intake and twin 500 cfm Edlelbrock carbs that are the enduroshine version and look beautiful. Should make a difference down the track too! I m swapping the red Moroso valve covers with the pretty Edelbrock classic ribbed ones and matching ribbed Edelbrock air cleaner.

But for possibly having The Engine Factory build one of there gorgeous Dart 427's possibly, to replace the already mean 383 that will do me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
welcome , buying or building makes no difference . a car guy is a car guy. i do this for a living so i love guys who buy or pay to have things done .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts