Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Found your site while on the Tri Five site. I have a 57 Chevy 210 2 door wagon that is mostly stock right now. Plans are to build like a Jr Stocker from the 60's and 70's. I also have a 67 Barracuda Fastback with a 340 stroker and 727 in it. Its kind of a sleeper, until you get up close and see the slicks on the back, or I fire it up... LOL. I also have a Jeep CJ5 with a slightly built 304 AMC for cruising the desert here in So Cal.

Looking forward to cruising your site.

Harry

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Welcome Harry to the best gasser site in the world (my opinion anywho 8^). I loved the old Jr. Stocks back in the day. Just something about the old hydros that the sedan deliveries were using?? That would be a great build for your '57, although if you hang around with us long enough, maybe we can sway ya towards the gasser look. I think the perfect look would be a non straight axle (stock but well built front suspension) but lifted look, and of course, no front bumper etc. Mini tubbed and wide rear tires, and a blower or injection coming out of the hood. Pretty loose with your money hey??? LOL. Your '57 really looks good. The '67-'69 Barracudas I feel are the best looking of the "Cudas. I know the Hurst Hemi derived super stockers have been done to death but the '68 Hemi Cudas and Darts are probably the best looking (meanest looking) stock type cars ever made. Now that Jeep??? It is just plain fun/cool. I live here in Glendale (Phoenix) AZ and there are lots of places to play. I hope to buy a desert play car/motorcycle some day. Really glad to have you on the forum. Looking forward to seeing your other cars and whatever you decide to do to the '57. Mark L

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the site. You cannot miss with a Tri-five Chevy. I ran an F-stock 340 Dart from 1968 to 1970. Grew up Mopar and still am to this day. However, love them all. Gassers take me back to my very early days at the drag strip....The Gassers will always be cool. Glad to have you. Great site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts