Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is John , I live in NE Philly and I recently sold my big block Nova(owned for 21years) so that I could build something that I have wanted ever since I was a little kid and my dad took me to Atco Raceway to watch the drags. I'm a huge fan of gasser' s,fuel altereds and afx cars.
I haven't bought a car yet but I am actively searching.

·
Administrator
13,420 Posts
Welcome to the forum John! Lots of candidates in the 40's and 50's for good gasser bodies. All the US made cars, plus the little British cars too!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Welcome aboard John! Good luck with your search and keep us updated on your progress.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. The search continues, I'm looking at a 48 Chevy sedan and a 40 Chevy now.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Welcome to the forum John. I envy your position in that you are at a point that you can find whatever you want to build. Many people use what they already have or what's immediately available. You can look and find what trips you trigger. Glad you decided to join our little merry band of Gasser lovers. I think you'll enjoy the camaraderie and the great experience that has accumulated here. Our biggest asset is all of our passion for these types of cars. It seems to be a big commonality that many have coveted a Gassers style car for so many years and now have come to the conclusion that it's time to make it come true. Enjoy your stay here John. Looking forward to what you find to build.

Mark

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I'm closing in on a deal for a car. Keep your fingers crossed gentlemen,I'll let you know if it happens!

On a side note while perusing a site called Haggleme.com in the $5000 and under section I came across a 64 Nova project with a straight axle, an early 50's Willys Aero Wing, a 61' Morris minor 2dr, and a 53 Austin Pickup. There is a bunch of cool stuff on there. (Don't bother with there e-mail, you'll get a better response by calling)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I finally found and purchased my future gasser. I bought a 1947 Mercury coupe, It should ship on Friday and I can't wait until it gets here. Let the madness begin !

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I grab some pics soon. It's getting picked up on Friday so I should have it by the beginning/middle of next week. The car is coming from Florida. It's a black coupe and it still has the flathead and 3speed in it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts