Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , My name is Shane , grew up around cars , Dad had a gas station and raced circle track , also souped up the local cop car back when they owned there own cars , 383 and 440 Fury's , so I was around cars all my life , have 3 -Henry J's , an Austin , many Studebakers , used to have a Willys and other Henry J's, have always loved gassers

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Wow, great cars Shane. Another Minnesotarian, LOL. As I commented on Jamies thread, I have lots of family in Minnesota. Aunt and Uncle had a bar and tavern on little Cordova Lake (been so long since I was there that I can't even tell you where that is) and they were really heavy into stock car racing. 1963 was last time I was there and they had a '53 ford conv with a cage. They used to drive that thing at full throttle on all the old gravel back roads tearing up the roads. The corn was planted to the edge of the road and when they got sideways both ends of the car could be touching the corn. It just amazed me that they never ran into another car over one of the little hills. The Lake is really shallow with a rock bottom, so they'd run it full throttle out into the lake and stop and wash it. I have great memories of Minnesota as a kid. Glad you joined in with the fun. Mark L

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.