We want to build a gasser
Thinking about getting a straight axle kit from speedway automotive
Any advice would be appreciated
We have been restoring cars for years, but this is new to us
Thanks

·
Registered
798 Posts
welcome and join the club! This is my first foray into the gasser madness! Post up some pics on here and make sure you start a build thread!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Welcome to the forum lippy. A '51 Plymouth Concord? I think I know what that looks like. If I'm right it will be a great Gasser. Get a pic up when you get a chance. Let us know what direction you want to go and we can guide you. There's no dumb questions here, just dumb answers. We have a lot of great Gasser guys here so the dumb answers never surface. Enjoy your itme here and I'm glad you decided to join n the fun.

Mark

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Is your Concord a coupe, or a sedan? If this is your first gasser build, I think choosing the Speedway axle kit is a good idea, as it makes the axle swap simpler. It's much cheaper to go with an I beam truck or van axle, but requires a little more experience to adapt them to a cross steer. Start a project thread, and post some pictures, so we can help, or admire what you're doing!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys
It's a Coupe
Looking forward to the build, putting new floor pans in, probably make them removable
Started a thread, new to this thread stuff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts