Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just found this forum,thought i would join,im building a 53 chevy club coupe gasser ,it's will have axle and springs from 50 chevy truck,i got a 500 cad.engine also,im building my own 2x3 tube frame front section,im building it on the cheap so it may take awhile,the car is black and rust and it's gonna stay that way.i like em rusty.i look forward to getting to know y'all and getting some info to help me along with my project.i will post piks as i can,all i have is cheap phone to take piks right now,and i need to figure out how to post piks

·
Administrator
13,596 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm all about building a gasser opn a budget! Mine is built cheap and quickly! Hope to see some pics soon!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Welcome aboard Hotrodtodd. You will find a tremindous amout of information here from guy's with open minds and huge hearts for fellow Gassers. Good luck with your Chevy. Looking forward to watching your build. :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome Hotrod! Sounds like a cool gasser you are building. My buddy has a 500 Caddy in a 37 Ford pickup that he is building. Good luck with your build.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Welcome to the board Todd. Great to have you join. You're the first '53-'54 Chevy I believe. As much as I like '55 thru '57 gassers (and I like them a lot) I love '53-'54 Chevys. I think they make a great looking and just a touch different gasser than the usual. Which, as you can see by my choice in cars, I like "different". When you get some better pics drop us some shots. Give us the run down on what you've done and what you plan to do so we can join in your dream. Man we are getting a great diverse list of cars here. We'll have to open a virtual garage and call it---Gasser Heaven. Glad you came aboard, enjoy. Mark L

·
Registered
71 Posts
Welcome Todd. I 'm in Kountze, just a bit south down hwy 69 from you. I'm still pretty new here, but this place is great.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Welcome aboard, Todd. '53s are a perfect candidate for a straight axle makeover.

Hope that you can upload the pics OK. I try to load them to my computer first, then to the forum. Just go to 'Go Advanced' and choose the 'Manage Attachments' option to upload files.

Mike

·
Registered
374 Posts
Cheap? You're talking my language!!!

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to pix!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanxs for the welcome,my build will take some time,where should i start a build thread at?i have a couple of piks,but so far i have been collecting parts.i have engine ,trans,front and rear axles,and of couse the body.so far total investment 203.00 dollars

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Yep....You got it! Good job, and you're making some progress on the '53. Lookin Good! Robert

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.