Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been thirty odd years since I have been involved with building hotrods. As I approach the supposed "golden years," I find myself unable to restraign the urge to once again burn some midnight oil in the garage. In the early seventies I enjoied building street machines, street rods and even an old '57 Anglia gasser. I guess one never forgets the sound and feel of raw power, smell of burning rubber or the adrenalin rush of a 10 second quarter mile. Somehow, it just manifests itself in the bloodstream for eternity.
After hours of reading and actually studing this site I am in awe. I could only imagine what it would have been like to have had this much information and support at hand in the seventies. The outpouring of knowledge, support and compraderee are unparralled. My sincere thanks and congratulations to the person or persons that have put this site together.
I am in the planning stages of building a '57 Morris Minor "Gasser." For all these years I have managed to hold on to the chevy 302 power plant I ran in the Anglia, except for the Hilburn injection. But that's okay. A tunnel ram and dual quads will be much easier to tune for Sunday afternoon cruises. I can hardly wait! I know, as do many of you, it will be a long and trying project. I may lean on some of you for support, expertise, and encouragement. My hope is, in the end I can say "my friends on Gasser Hotrods and I are proud of this project."

Attachments

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Welcome..... lots of "Mini-Gassers" on this website. You'll be right at home here.

Looking forward to hearing more about your project and seeing pictures of your progress & also "old pics" you might have from "back in the day".

·
Administrator
13,542 Posts
Welcome Bob! Those late 50's Anglias were quite a change from the late 40's and early 50's Anglias. That's a really neat body style that I see more of in recent years than I used to in the 60's.
When I bought my Austin the guy had 6 or 7 Morris Minors in various body styles from sedans to panel and PU trucks. Tried to see if he was selling any, but he seemed pretty attached to all of them!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Bob welcome to the site. I totally agree that the founder/founders of the site should be given a big round of applause for having the forsight to give us battered "off topic" gasser guys a home. And you can't find a better class of gentleman than here. I like your choice of gasser and the 302 has to be an all time favorite gasser motor to use/build/race/enjoy. I owned a '67 Nova several years ago and built a 377 (400 block and 350 crank) which makes it an over grown 302. That was such a sweet motor. I'm looking forward the watching your build if you'll start a project thread in the project section. I love seeing what others are doing and how people solve build problems. By the way, you don't look a day over 21 inour pic, LOL. A big welcome to you and gald to have you on board. We are getting such a great diversity of gasser styles. LOVE IT!!!! Mark L

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for the warm welcome! The Anglia photo was taken in '73. It is the only remaining photo I have, thanks to a dear friend, of previous builds. An unfortuinate and tragic house fire in '79 destroied all photos and.... much more than I really wish to remember. Todays technology is a true blessing. Save your photos to a thumb drive and store them in a safe place, whether it's a safety deposit box, a family member or a close friend. It's very inexpensive and easy. I pray you will never have to experience that loss. On the brighter side, I look forward to saving hundreds of photos of my Morris build. I will certainly not bore you with all but can't wait to start posting some of them. Thanks again......Robert

·
Registered
699 Posts
Welcome! Back in the day pics would be awesome. I can't get enough of those. Its too badthey are lost. Another picture suggestion is once you get the pictures in digital format, pit them on a cloud type server. Then as long as nobody bans electricity your pictures will be there. That's what I am working on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts