Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found the site after following a link on the H.A.M.B.. I have been gravitating towards a Gasser build when I bought my friends 66 Falcon which he built into a ramrod/Gasser build.

Its not exactly a car that ive seen used as a gasser, but after getting a hold of a bunch of hot rod deluxe magazine I saw some weekend warrior cars using non typical cars to race on the weekends, then probably drive to work on Monday. That is the kind of build I am thinking of.

My goal right now is to get the car on the road. Then start adding more of the gasser styling parts. I am keeping the front end the same, no solid axle.

The engine will be a 351c 2v. I have 4v closed chamber heads I might add later on. I have an original 4v intake to add also. Trans is an FMX because it was free when I got the Cleveland.

I will post pictures later with more info.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is what it looked like when my friend Tom owned it.

What it currently looks like.

If I keep the car for a while I was thinking of soda blasting the exterior and painting it. The Original paint is starting to show it's age and has some spots that are all of the way worn through. That is my 460 sitting in the lower right corner.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I like it here already as I learned in about 30 minutes of reading more about body work than all of the years of reading books and experimenting. Now I know how to use my Dolly the right way.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Welcome to the board. That model Falcon is a rare bird (pun intended) but I think it is a great looking body style. I guess I can say I like all of the Falcon body styles. They all have a great individual style from one generation to the next, but all still retain the Falcon look. That is a great platform to build whatever you want. Glad you found us here and you were able to get usable info right away. Keep the pics coming or start a project thread in the project section. Good having you with us. Mark L

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will put together a build thread tomorrow. I was busying putting one of my cars on ebay and selling a lot of parts. I'm getting out of the newer Cobra's and back to my classics. They need the attention!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts