Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see lots of states represented here. It is good to know that the Gassers are alive and well across the U.S.

For 2012, two projects: 1965 Altered Wheelbase Barracuda getting very close to completion. Hope to run with the Southern Gassers or some Central US group in 2012. Injected 500 cubic inch wedge. Rear wheels moved forward 10 inches, and A100 narrowed front axle moved forward 4 inches. All A100 suspension converted to cross steer, with long A100 Springs. Currently 727 auto plans, but was a 4 speed car and have all the parts for a face plated 833 4 speed.

1953 Studebaker Starlight Coupe Gasser. Will convert to dropped straight axle with Speedway kit. Injected 468 BBC is the plan right now. I have had this car for years and years. Second one....and cannot resist going Gasser Stude.

Happy New Year to all.

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,542 Posts
Welcome rwd95v! A friend of mine (and a few others) built a '65 Barracuda back in about 1969. We chopped up an old Dodge police interceptor and took the big block 413 out to put in the Cuda. Wasn't too bad a fit, but the headers were a real booger with stock Cuda suspension. He fabbed them up from a kit and went fenderwell eit, but it was a lot of work!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I gave the Studebaker sign away to a friend. Thanks for the nice words. Will post some newer pictures in the projects section shortly. Need to take some updated ones.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Welcome to the board. Love the Cuda idea. And Studes never get old. Great to have you here. Mark L

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mark...Love your 63. I had a 64 post Catalina for a while, then sold it. Just sold a 63 Pontiac 421 block to a gentleman from Indianapolis. I looked and looked for an affordable 63 Lemans to do as a SD421 tribute, but they were all junk or way out of the ballpark on pricing. I am a Mopar guy first, but love them all. May be in Scottsdale for BJ again this year. Not sure yet. You have a very nice car...and it will be unique. Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts