Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello all my name is Jason. I live in Gilbert ,Arizona

I was not born until 1984 so that might give you the idea that i have no idea what it was like back in the 60's and 70's.I was raised by an old school gear head and i adopted that mind set with a passion.In fact my earliest memory is being in the back of my dads 57 chevy hard top bel-air.I think i was 3 or 4 years old at the time.I remember him popping the clutch, the front end coming up and listening to that 327 screaming while going through all 4 gears.After that day i knew i was hooked on cars- real cars HOT RODS.At age 5-6 i wanted a hot rod of my own.My dad had just bought a 1955 chevy truck and i was in love.This thing was cool it had a 350 from a chevelle in it big slicks that stuck out past the rear fenders and the original wood in the bed.I remember we striped that old truck down to rebuild it.One day i asked him if i could have the truck and build it. Ever since then all i cared about were hot rods.I wanted to have my own hot rod shop and do what i loved for a job.That was my dream as a kid,growing up and going to school that's all i talked about.Lets just say i did not really like school.I hated the hidden agenda of conformity.They always told me to go to school and college so you can learn how to work for someone els.That was not my dream i wanted to work for myself and build cars.I can finally say i have my own small,family owned and operated custom shop and living the dream is a dream come true.

here is my 1970 Camaro baldwin motion clone

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Yo, Jason in Gilbert (Mark in Glendale). Great having you join up. You've got, done, and (will) do some fantastic work there. I did grow up during and the Baldwin Motion Cars were probably the most lusted after cars on the planet back then. Although I'm a Pontiac man I really (REALLY) wanted a Baldwin Camaro. Never had that kind of money to buy one though. Your clone looks great. Especially that big shiny lump (I would love to have that in my Gasser) is really impressive. Very nice having you on the board. Do you go to the Pavillions often? Do you or have you taken the Camaro down the strip yet? I'm looking forward to seeing and reading more about you and your cars (and others you did). Really nice to have you on board. Quick question. The '55 you showed uses the long, long ladder bars. Is that car racing yet or at all? I'm wondering how that length of bar affects the launch etc? I'm going to a approx. '48 bar on a longer wheelbase car. Anywho, a big fat welcome aboard. Mark L

·
Administrator
13,309 Posts
Welcome Jason! Great looking car all around I've got a '71 SS Camaro with dealer intalled 427 myself. Nice to see a young guy who's building hotrods!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Welcome!!! I like that '55. Nice, clean build. Should have built that for yourself..... :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
hi jason and welcome. good to have you here.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Choptop, where do you reside now? Mark L

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Sorry Choptop, I just noticed your avatar, Midland TX. Mark L

1 - 20 of 20 Posts