Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I'm a long time hot rod enthusiast, bodyman, and generally cool cat. Recently, my brother and I picked up a 1939 Plymouth 2 door coupe and have decided to build our first race car for the local 1/4 mile track here in Edinburg, TX. I've always been a fan of nostalgic racing, especially the gasser cars. Our car is an old hot rod from what looks like the 80's, and is currently running a Ford 302 or 289 with an automatic, and what we were told was a Mustang II front end although it really doesn't appear to be. What it does appear to be is rusty. The motor is locked up, and the front end is worn out, rusting away, and doesn't even fit the car right. We stumbled upon a 454 a good friend had for sale out of his race truck that was being converted back to street use. Already set up with low compression for a blower, I quickly ordered a 6-71 setup, oh boy, this thing is going to be fun! A craig's find produced a narrowed 9" rear filled with Mosier axles, spool, gears, and a like new set of 2 piece wheels wrapped in new Hoosier slicks. I'm extremely excited, but there's still a TON that I need to learn, soak up, and absorb. I look forward to learning from you all, and thanks for a great place to pull up a seat!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Welcome Chris to the site. Love having more Mopars on board. I almost had a 454 in my coupe and stumbled onto a 440, so changed before the cutting torch started. Sounds like you have a great start. We look forward to your build and we love pictures. Start a build thread when you can. Put you feet up and stay awhile. Enjoy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome from up here in Canada. Sounds like a cool car and good plan you have there. Like the others said, get a build thread started and show us some pictures of what you have to start with. Great group of guys here and even if it is a little quiet here at times it is a great internet hangout. We do have slow solid growth so maybe one day it will be a busy place. Have fun with your project.
Cheers.
Greg

·
Registered
354 Posts
39 Plymouth! Great looking car. Looking forward to seeing pictures and such. Welcome to the site

1 - 6 of 6 Posts