Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Im glad to join you all on here to learn and find out the neat tricks of what we all do best. Little bio: I grew up in the garage with my old man building on our many fords and seeing pictures of my grandfathers projects from the 60s-80s. Im a ford guy at heart but these days anything old ill make a project out of just for the challenge. I got a 70 ford fairlane which is my baby sporting a 393 stroker, tci c6, and built 9 inch with 389s and trac loc. Also got a 67 f250, and recently purchased a 54 chevy gasser project which brings me here. Happened to pick it up for 2500$. Has a speedway straight axle kit already installed, a gen 3 454, 68 heads, and a 9 inch rear. She needs a bunch of love and creativity but im eager to see what i can do. Already made my first purchased and got a vintage wieland polished aluminum tunnel ram. Once i get my flickr up and running pics will come!

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Welcome to the web site. Great info , cars , and members here. The 54 sounds like a great project. Looking forward to seeing your pics.
mario

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Welcome to the site! Sounds like the '54 is well on it's way already! Looking forward to seeing a build thread and pics!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
It sounds like you have a great start already. Start a build thread when you can. We are happy to help you out with info or moral support. Usually both are needed when you have the addiction that we share. Enjoy the site, stay awhile.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Welcome aboard! I like your style. Fords & Chevys living together... sounds like my house. :D '54s are cool cars anyway, but add a straight axled, tunnel rammed BBC and it's wicked. Need to see some build pics.

Mike

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
'53/'54 Chevys make great Gassers. That is one heck of a nice start you have here. Just be aware that continuing someone else's project can lead to problems if they were less than careful in their part of the build. Look real close at all welds and check that parts are adequate for the need. Other than that. Enjoy what you've started and make it yours. Glad you joined in and looking forward to watching the build.

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts