Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im Bill, I live near Houston TX. Im a firefighter, I used to do body and paint work for a living but got tired of it. Anyways Im trying to build a 52 chevy into a gasser and hoped I could find some good info on here.
Ive only had it a few weeks, I got a Jeep 2wd axle and am in the process of mounting it now.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Weclome! That looks like a cool car to use and that axle will work great! I have family and friends who are firefighters, honorable job. Kinda bi-polar, wait, wait, wait, rush! At least they are great cooks!

Start a thread so we can watch the progress...

Mike

·
Registered
167 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Looks like your 52 will make a great Gasser. I agree you need to start a Build Thread so we can follow your progress and possibly learn something new as well...we always can learn a new trick or two! Dont forget the pictures..lol. Welcome agin..btw I am in San Antonio TX.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I'll start that build thread.

I doubt if I'll be teaching anybody anything. I was hoping to learn from some of you guys!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Hey Bill, I am gonna be building a 1950 chevy. Make sure you have plenty of pics on how you mounted the front axle on yours. I am gonna copy it!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
The greatest part of building an early body into a Gasser is the fact that there are thousands of ways to do things. The early guys that built these cars did all kinds of things to get them built. Many were true backyard/single garage builds just like many of us are doing now. Only comment is to build it safe, after that, make it your own. Good having you here and ready to watch the build progress.

Mark

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Welcome Bill. I look forward to seeing your Chevy progress and morph into a gasser. I won't even hold it against you being a firefighter :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts