Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I bought a 1961 Ford Falcon in 2006 from a guy in the Chicago area. It's a real deal gasser raced from the mid 60's to the 80's. After I bought it I spent the next 5 years rebuilding it. Every nut and bolt came off and replaced with new stuff. I didn't change the basic set up of the car just the worn-out parts.

The car now has a 383 SBC with a tunnel ram and 2 Quick Fuel carbs, T400 trans and a 9 inch Ford rear. All steel car with tilt frontend and very long ladder bars. The car runs 10.20's at 130 mph. It's a fun car. I've moved on to building a AA/FA so the Falcon is resting in my garage now. I'll try and attach a couple of photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum. One heck of a nice car an the fact that it was actually raced makes it irreplacable. It really looks nice too. 130 and 10.30s is nothing to sneeze at. That is very respectable. Must be nice and light as well. All good things. Glad you came and joined. Enjoy your stay and maybe write up a little thread about your car. Lots of us love seeing all the different combinations and the ideas used. Mark L

·
Registered
510 Posts
Welcome Gasser1961, nice piece of history making history again. Show us some picks on your AA/FA I'm sure everyone would like to see it.
Andy

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
My Falcon is in there a bunch....
Because it LAUNCHES! Welcome and thanks for bringing a car for inspiration. There are several early '60s Fords being built on here. And some even have Chevy power. :eek:

I saw an early Falcon at the swap meet this last weekend and I kept eyeballing it. Starting price was $800... but I don't need more work. Very tempting, though.

Cool color, too.

Mike

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Welcome Gasser1961, nice piece of history making history again. Show us some picks on your AA/FA I'm sure everyone would like to see it.
Andy
Welcome '61 !!!!!

I have been going to nostalgia/gasser drags races and have seen so many old drag cars make it back on he 1/4 mile.

My Opel has a LONG history of being in a barn/garage since the 70's ...... a drag car-wanna-be I guess you could say.

Always LOVE seeing "oldies BUT goodies" still doing what they do best!!!!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Welcome '61 to GHR... Congratulations! And "thank you" for preserving a piece of Gasser History! What a tremendous inspiration! I hope you enjoy GHR and look forward to seeing your Altered project as well... :)

·
Administrator
13,411 Posts
Welcome Gasser1961! Looks like a great old Falcon gasser! That's the style of car that inspired me to start my present Falcon gasser project. Mine is 454 Chevy power with Super T10 trans. Hope it can lift the front wheels even a little bit wheen I'm done!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the kind words. At some point in time I want to replace the all steel tilt front end with a fiberglass one-piece unit to lighten up the car. I also would like to repaint the car and "church it up" a little.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts