Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been anxiously awaiting the final reveal of this car. I must say, Dodge knocked one out of the park with this one. Whether you like the Dodge brand, or not, now is a great time to be a car guy!

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Looks like they definitely made a real hotrod! Going to piss some Hellcat owners off knowing they don't have the ultimate Mopar anymore! Guessing they're playing up the "banned by the NHRA" thing a bit. My guess is the NHRA simply said they can't run them in stock form as the times and speed will require a cage be added. It's certainly not a total ban; just a tech issue owners need to work with.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with you Vall. I think the cage, and if I recall it is real close to needing a 'chute as well.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
That is incredible. A 9 second hot rod with line lock , trans-brake and drag radials all from the factory. Wonder why they didn't go with some sort of 6 point at very least. No mention of price?

·
Registered
663 Posts
HOLY F{BAD WORD}!! I GIVE UP! 9's? And just go buy it from the factory? A/C, P.S., brakes, all the nine yards? 4700 lb. car? HOLY F{BAD WORD}!! NHRA banned, DUH!! Why the hell are we messing with this shit? Time to go to a retirement home and drool on ourselves!! Drive a hundred miles to track run 9's and drive home in the same car? WTF!!

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
I do it cause I think ole school and I'm proud to say I built this motor and car. I'll never convert. I can't afford the expense to build newer stuff anyway. I have no regrets.

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
I do it because I love old school cars too! But also because I could probably build a dozen cars for what that Demon cost!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts