Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got my new Mittler Brothers bead roller today. I ordered it on December 2nd and it seemed like forever to get here. But it took just over two weeks for them to build and ship. I was pre-warned that this was there crazy time with product shows, but waiting was nail chomping. :D
So it came on a large pallet which weighed 240 pounds so we grabbed the loader and threw the forks on it to save our backs.
Got it up to the shop and unpacked it to find out they sent me everything but the adjustable upper shaft. This is critical to do the work I want to do with more precision.
A quick call and they shipped it today and I should have it by the end of the week. So here's a peek at this brute.

Here it is with the motor on it.

Here's the motor, with the on off switch and forward reverse, and a dial to set max speed no matter how hard ya hit the throttle.

I'm going to enjoy this machine. :cool:

·
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You bet Vall, the last one I purchased from Mittler Brothers was back in the late 80's early 90's. I have to say they came light years from then. Now my old one works great, but I could of used a bit more throat dept and with all the other options they've added over the years makes it easier to turn a nicer job, that much quicker. I will post some videos later this week, after I install my adjustable upper shaft. I want to build a stand of some sort, for the bead roll dies. I kinda screwed up, I ordered the adjustable height stand for the machine, and although it's a nice option, it does not come with wheels. I can fix that here in a bit but I don't plan on moving it around a whole lot. The height adjustment alows me to drop the table when I want to do curved parts, but mostly helps clear the edge of the table when trying to slide the dept adjuster forward. I will show ya in the video.
Thanks for looking :)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
OMG, just like a kid on Christmas morning. You are going to be out there in the shop late at night just playing on that new machine. Looking forward to your creative work.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Awesome piece of equipment! I foresee even more amazing work coming out of the Pro Metal shop! :cool:

·
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys
Well at the end of the day I got to mess with making a die rack and and give it a quick coat of my favorite hammertone grey.

Here's what I was talking about when it comes to dropping the table and moving the dept gauge forward

Here's where it hits

However, you slip the gauge out and move it right forward.

When I ordered the machine the sales tech fellow told me no one really orders the gauge when they have a table. I couldn't think why not. He said well ya can't use it with the table up in place. But I thought when ya drop the table it works fine. So for the 5 seconds it takes to drop the table and slip it by and your using the gauge.

It has micro adjustment also, and you can go from right behind the die set all the way back in the throat just a few inches shy of three feet.

So for you guys that are buying or building your own this should give ya some good ideas on what you may want to incorporate into your machine. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts