Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a 64 nova wagon gasser and put the Speedway kit on it. What small block headers will work on it with the gasser kit? I don't want to pay speedways price for the headers $500.00 I think they are. Any suggestions out there. Thanks

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Hi Johnny,
Welcome to the site. My suggestion, ebay and your local craigs list. It seems that used fender well headers for Novas and tri 5 Chevys are always popping up. I'm not sure if the fender well headers for a tri 5 would work on your Nova but with a tube axle and the necessary metal trimming on the fender well sheet metal they probably would. Hopefully when the other members read this post they might have more information about that application.
We love photos here. Would love to see you start a build thread on your Nova in the project update section.
Stay in touch.

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
The Tri 5 headers wont work as is. They interfere with the brake master. Nova fenderwell headers are your only option, other than reworking or building them.
I would also agree with Steve's advice on watching Ebay, Crraigslist, etc. I've seen them go for half price on local CL ads, and 2/3 on Ebay.

PS-Be sure to put a heat shield over the brake master when doing fenderwell headers on a Nova! My buddy's '65 would boil the brake fluid and make a mess from header heat! He had to build a shield on the bottom side to deflect the header heat, and avoid an under hood fire!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts