Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know fellas it seems everybody has a name for their hotrod. I need some help from you guys to name mine. I plan on getting door decals like a tradtional drag racer and i want something that goes along with whole 310 mouse motor high winding small block theme. Thow em at me guys:cool:

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Let's see; how about:
Barely Legal
High Winder
Missouri Mouse
Missouri Missle
Street Sweeper
Mighty Mouse
Outlaw Mouse
Time Bandit
Time Travel
Sound Barrier
Papa's Toy
Flyin' Bowtie
Twister
Money Pit
Spare Parts
White Lightning

I'm sure we can think of a few others! :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let's see; how about:
Barely Legal
High Winder
Missouri Mouse
Missouri Missle
Street Sweeper
Mighty Mouse
Outlaw Mouse
Time Bandit
Time Travel
Sound Barrier
Papa's Toy
Flyin' Bowtie
Twister
Money Pit
Spare Parts
White Lightning

I'm sure we can think of a few others! :)

Holy cow Vall. What a good start and I love several of them. Thanks:cool:

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
How about "Screamin' 310". "Short Strokes", but someone might take it wrong, heh. "64 Scadoo" (and Scooby Doo, heh), maybe not!! What's your sons name. Use his name with (for example) "Joeys Chevy". Or "Joeys Inheritance". Or Gasser reference like "Tall Order". Or "Gass-olet".
Because my '63 Cat is so big and will be heavy, someone suggested "Haulin'mASS". I like that one. Mark L

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How about "Screamin' 310". "Short Strokes", but someone might take it wrong, heh. "64 Scadoo" (and Scooby Doo, heh), maybe not!! What's your sons name. Use his name with (for example) "Joeys Chevy". Or "Joeys Inheritance". Or Gasser reference like "Tall Order". Or "Gass-olet".
Because my '63 Cat is so big and will be heavy, someone suggested "Haulin'mASS". I like that one. Mark L
Your Killin me Markus O'goofieous

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
You gave me an idea, "What Redline". I like that "Redline Rebel" though. It has a good sound to it. Mark L

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I also thought maybe "REVVIN REBEL" or "REV RAT". Rat wouldn't work though since i have a mouse lol

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
...... Because my '63 Cat is so big and will be heavy.....Mark L
Sir Markus BigIndianeous..... There is an all black Trans Am Firebird around here that has just an "outline" of the old Pontiac Indian head logo done in red on each door. It looks great!!!!

Thought something like "The BIG Tin Indian" or "The BIG Chief" on the front fenders along with the Poncho Indian head logo on each door would work for your BIG gasser.

Here's an updated version of the same logo.....

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guess i could also do a them surrounding the whole stick shift thing. "NIGHT SHIFT" came to mind. Maybe make the I's look like shifters? I also thought of " CLUTCH TIME". I don't know guys I pretty much suck at this.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
When I was trying to come up with a name for the Austin I went through looking over the internet searches. I also went through Larry Davis' Gasser Wars book. I tried to look at everything I could, as I wanted a name that wasn't used before. Problem was everything I thought of was already used somewhere!
I finally picked the name I did based on the SBC "mouse motor" squeezed into the tiny Austin; or basically trapped in a small space. There was a famous VW Bug back in the 70's that terrorized the drag strips all over, and was named Mouse Trap, but that was the only car I found with the name.
I hand painted it on the car back when it was the original black paint, and figured I'd be painting it anyway, and had time to see if the name stuck or not. By the time I stripped the car and had it painted there was no doubt in my mind that I'd keep the name after new paint went on.

Since your car is going to be a straight axle and sit "high", plus you are building a high "winding" 310, I think "High Winder" or "High Winding" fits it better than most the other names I threw out there.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When I was trying to come up with a name for the Austin I went through looking over the internet searches. I also went through Larry Davis' Gasser Wars book. I tried to look at everything I could, as I wanted a name that wasn't used before. Problem was everything I thought of was already used somewhere!
I finally picked the name I did based on the SBC "mouse motor" squeezed into the tiny Austin; or basically trapped in a small space. There was a famous VW Bug back in the 70's that terrorized the drag strips all over, and was named Mouse Trap, but that was the only car I found with the name.
I hand painted it on the car back when it was the original black paint, and figured I'd be painting it anyway, and had time to see if the name stuck or not. By the time I stripped the car and had it painted there was no doubt in my mind that I'd keep the name after new paint went on.

Since your car is going to be a straight axle and sit "high", plus you are building a high "winding" 310, I think "High Winder" or "High Winding" fits it better than most the other names I threw out there.
Vall, actually the impala will just be a prostreet ride retaining the stock front suspension. I like high winder though as it suits me and the car.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
There was an old Dustin Hoffman movie with him playing a halfbreed indian during Custer's last stand. It was called, "Little Big Man", and might fit your car's build. A full sized Chevy, with a small cubic inch motor! I've never seen Little Big Man on a car, so might be something different?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There was an old Dustin Hoffman movie with him playing a halfbreed indian during Custer's last stand. It was called, "Little Big Man", and might fit your car's build. A full sized Chevy, with a small cubic inch motor! I've never seen Little Big Man on a car, so might be something different?
Ok Vall I think you got the one!! That fits me as well:). I'm only 5'6 165 lbs. However i bench press 285 lbs:cool:. "LITTLE BIG MAN". I like it!!!;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts