Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts
Awesome looking car Brandon! Thanks for taking the time to post your project pictures! Will you guys be running the Chevy on just the Moon tank, or will there be a fuel cell to hold more fuel?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally,since we had the electronic converted Hilborn, we were going to run 2 seperate programmed tunes. One for street driving on reg fuel,and alcohol at the track. But came to the conclusion that the compression would have to be low enough to not detonate on the fuel,but to low to have any substantial response on the alcohol. So we consulted with a well know turbo/supercharger/boost guy and decided to run the motor at 10.2:1 compression and full time E-85. So the rear cell will hold that and the front will probably just be a radiator overflow tank. I know....I know...I hate "poseing".But it helps with the "spirit" of the car.....and it is Injected.....
BTW...Its a Dart Big M block. 540. JE pistons,Lazer solid roller. Brodix 2B-Xtra Full CNC'd heads. 6-71 GMC blower
Brandon and Tara

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts
Hey there's some posing things that I'm not a fan of either, ut I'm pretty flexible. Heck, those of us who have built cars in the gasser spirit are really all posers if you think about it. The only real gassers are those built in the period, and the rest of us are just trying to build something like what we saw back then. Many of today's gasser clones are much better built, and closer to what the big guys ran than some of the real barn find gassers are today.
I've got a few things on my car that are there strictly for looks, and I've always thought a Moon tank was one of those things that didn't have to have fuel today, as long as it served some purpose other than just hanging there. Most people hook them up as overflows today. I'd have one if my car wasn't so darn small. When I held mine up it looked like a giant wart on the nose, so I couldn't put it on.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hey Brandon,
This car is fantastic! I especially like the picture of the dog looking at the blower. I hope he isn't thinking to pee on it. Or maybe he thinks there's some food in there. Haha. Seriously sweet project!
Craig

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey guys,sorry been a while. Progress has been slow.
But I got the motor back a few weeks ago. Its a 540cid Dart Big M block,Brodix 2BXtra full CNC heads,solid custom roller cam and all the other goodies that go along with it.
It was really hard for me to "Un-Bling" the motor. I had to make it look like a stock block 396

I also bought a 'Glide with protree transbrake,forged input turbo spline.But need to get an UltraBell for it and send it out for a rebuild

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts
Holy cow Brandon! I've been wondering how you guys were doing on Tara's Nova? That engine is over the top! Hope she's having fun with the build!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lots of free time lately,so I got the "easy" side tacked up

I built the throttle pedal a while ago.

Brandon and Tara

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
This build is so clean, love every bit of it. Glad you could get some more done and show us how you're doing. MArk L

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts
I REALLY need to get over the creek and see the Nova in person! That's a great looking header, and a nifty gas pedal! Never thought of a simple offset to get it to work around the firewall bulge! I've got some head scratchin to do in order to see if I can rework a Z bar and get the clutch linkage working for the Falcon.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Val,the offset was mandetory. I had no usable firewall left...HA HA. I still need to make some sort of adjustable stop. Prob just a nut welded to the floor with a bolt.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts