Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much accomplished on the 64 today. However Bryce talked me into making him a hotrod seat:D. Its got shifter and line lock button. The grin on his face when i got it done was priceless. :cool:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep Mike is in his room and he's been shifting gears for over an hour. Now he says "Dad, I need 3 pedals at the bottom like in your car." Guess I'll have to hunt up and old clutch/brake pedal assembly;). Had to use an auto shifter since i dont have any old 4 speed shifters. Its a z gate so he can ram it back and forth atleast getting the 4 speed effect:cool:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
That's cool! It's great that your children enjoy sharing your passion.......reminds of an old saying, " families that play together stay together." Or something like that.........LOL :) :) :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Robert, I agree. I have 2 teenage children that dont show much interest so i'm glad Bryce is my hotrod guy

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
That is outstanding Casey. I'm impressed and very happy for you and your sons relationship. I remember one time only that my Dad did anything with me. Unless you include getting screamed at all the time. I did the same with my son that you are doing. And to this day he'll pop something out about something we did one day or something I showed him how to accomplish. It makes me feel great when he does that. Someday you'll get the same returned to you and it'll be priceless.

Mark

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is outstanding Casey. I'm impressed and very happy for you and your sons relationship. I remember one time only that my Dad did anything with me. Unless you include getting screamed at all the time. I did the same with my son that you are doing. And to this day he'll pop something out about something we did one day or something I showed him how to accomplish. It makes me feel great when he does that. Someday you'll get the same returned to you and it'll be priceless.

Mark
Mark, I know i enjoy it as much as him and there will be alot of good memories

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
He'll be asking you for the car's keys before you know it!!!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
What's cool is he is interested in cars now. I wasn't interested in cars until my early 20's. My dad said I have no clue where your car obsession came from. He had some cool cars growing up but wasn't into cars after his early 20's. Maybe I am picking up where he left off? He does say he wants my Mach 1!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
your right john, and it scares the hell out of me lol
Not to worry..... sure you remember how we ALL were when we turned 16?????

He'll really shift gears once he discovers GIRLS !!!!

Oh MY!!!!!

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
I scared my parents all the time about cars, even before I was 16! When I bought my uncle's '47 International panel truck at 13 yrs. old they knew things were going to be difficult where cars were involved! :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LOL Steve! If there was i didnt notice. I met my wife my junior year in high school. We married the Oct after i graduated and are goin strong today. Momma loves cars too:cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts