Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi you guys, I and another guy I met at the tire shop when I got my new tires and wheels put on, went to one of the local hang outs where occasionally you will see some serious iron. Tonight was not that night. Art the guy I met a few weeks ago at the tire shop has a sweet 70 Chevelle running a Dart 406, turbo 400, and 12 bolt with 4.11's it sounds mean.

We ran over there together, he pulled up along side on my left running down 410 and kicked in the ass next to me. I was running 65 or so and he jumped out ahead with authority, and the car ran even better than I expected. I didn't do anything but watch.

On the way home on 410 I pulled up along side the Chevelle on his left and we were only running 50 or so. He has 4.11 gears I have 3.70's. I gave him the nod, and he cut it loose instantly knowing I was going to try him, but I was in third and slammed 2nd then nailed it for al it was worth!

He had the jump on me but when I hit third gear I sucked him up quick and just blew past him at what was some highly illegal forward thrust! He jerked his head to the side when I past him as if he
I had the only gasser there, but there were only about 7 or 8 cars that were show worthy at least to some extent. And for a fact, my car got some serious attention by every one there, "everyone" amounted to about 50 people. We only stayed a couple hours because soon the place was becoming over run with imports and huge fart cans on back.
had been shot at! Any way, we both pulled into the Burger King by my house for a few minutes, and he said that the side exit exhausts on my car left him with his left ear ringing because he had his window down.

As well he said the rumble could be felt in his car and believe me, that's saying something. Next Friday and every other Friday they do have a real car show that consists of 150 to 300 cars and all of them are fine as hell. I have been invited buy every car club I have heard of around here to show up for it.

Anybody can come, but Thursday I will have my first nose surgery which will be pretty ugly, and leave me looking even uglier. But if I'm not bleeding and feel ok, I'm going to the show.

Attachments

·
Registered
655 Posts
Good deal, hope all works out well for you. Nice feeling when something sets you back in the seat isn't it? I love messing with the mustangs in my chevelle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts