Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know it's not a real gasser (I was told that on another board) but it's what I am building. I purchased the car on ebay for only $400 about 3 years ago. It had no interior, no windshield and didn't run. It has a decent body, not much rust for 52 years old. First thing was to remove the original 6 cyl. 3 speed combo and start cutting out the old front frame section and fenderwells.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Don't listen to that "OTHER BOARD". They are why we have our own, thank GOD for the guys that built this site. Mark L

·
Administrator
13,542 Posts
Pretty sure I know the board you refer to, and they seem to have some users with a lot of attitude. Not conducive to encouraging the hobby we all know and love. Your car is great, and sure looks like a gasser style car to me!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A little more to add...

I built the front of the frame (connected back to the factory rear frame section) out of 2x3 tube on a 4x8 sheet of plywood on sawhorses. I copied some things I saw on other peoples builds. I cut out the weak floor, cleaned and painted the firewall and put in the frame section I built.

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
I believe the correct phrase for then boys it (bite me bitch) other than the hub caps it looked like something that would have run gas class before you started to me. Did you alter the wheel base like my Comet or something?

Ok, I know it's not a real gasser (I was told that on another board) but it's what I am building. I purchased the car on ebay for only $400 about 3 years ago. It had no interior, no windshield and didn't run. It has a decent body, not much rust for 52 years old. First thing was to remove the original 6 cyl. 3 speed combo and start cutting out the old front frame section and fenderwells.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I believe the correct phrase for then boys it (bite me bitch) other than the hub caps it looked like something that would have run gas class before you started to me. Did you alter the wheel base like my Comet or something?
Well, I did move the axle ahead about an inch and a half for tire clearance at the headers.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Pretty sure I know the board you refer to, and they seem to have some users with a lot of attitude. Not conducive to encouraging the hobby we all know and love. Your car is great, and sure looks like a gasser style car to me!
I haven't been here long enough to know yet who is responsible for putting this site together, but whoever is responsible deserves a huge THANK YOU. A real friendly and encouraging group, no one getting their undies in a knot over nomenclature. Your car looks like a gasser to me too...LOVE IT. That is seriously nice looking work on the front end so far

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll add a little more

I redid the inside of the trunk and installed a new gas tank from ebay. I bought a Ford 9" rear end on ebay that was narrowed to stock width. For the rear tires I bought some Hurst 30"x10"x15" PIE CRUST cheater slicks and mounted them on 8 inch wide Cragar SS wheels. I bought a 46" wide straight axle kit from Speedway. Ebay is your friend.

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,542 Posts
I haven't been here long enough to know yet who is responsible for putting this site together, but whoever is responsible deserves a huge THANK YOU. A real friendly and encouraging group, no one getting their undies in a knot over nomenclature. Your car looks like a gasser to me too...LOVE IT. That is seriously nice looking work on the front end so far
Otis is the man! He started Tri Five forums, and this forum also. A very nice venue indeed at both, and none of the pretenses or attitudes that prevail some sites. We love anything that's a hotrod, regardless of whether it's a newly built gasser, or an old original.
Thanks for your comments!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Man....I am diggin' this lil' Falcon. Keep up the good work. And again.....I love those Cragars!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Trying to catch up on where I am at on the car.

Some more pics to update towards where I am now with the car. The front frame supports are in and the front axle is in place and going together. It is from Speedway and it is the 46" wide kit. Looks perfect to me. Cragar Ss wheels and some 165-80 tires have the look I am after. I am using the stock Falcon steering box/column. Then back apart for paint. More to come...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Coming along nice. And I like the front tread width. It looks like it's perfect. Give us a front shot with the tire on so we can see the width. That's going to be a fun ride. Mark L

·
Registered
101 Posts
I wouldn't be concerned at all about critisum from that other site, I was banned from that bunch because I critisized some of the know-it-all for beating down a new members car, ( wasn't up to THEIR standards) I consider it a badge of honor to be banned from there,,
Nice work on that Falcon,, really nice fab work,, keep the pictures coming

1 - 20 of 31 Posts