Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, New here and wanted to share my project. I got it after my bro past away. He's had this thing in the barn for 10+ years but never had the time to work on it. It needs a lot of work but I got the time. My biggest issues is its lack of floor pan, trunk and useable firewall. I have no way to mount this thing to the frame as it sits. Are there replacement floor pans and how difficult to install. I really want to build this car if possible. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
There's not many cars that have as many replacement panels and parts as a '32 Ford! You can get every piece anyone would need to build a '32 from scratch! Lots of places to buy firewalls and patch panels, or complete floors.
You can also tack weld some tubing to the inside of the body so you can test fit and see how you want it to sit. That way you can determine if stock floors are really what you want, or fabricate floors. It would be a shame to pay for stock floors and then cut them up to sit the car lower on the frame, if it turned out you liked that look better.
You need to also have an engine situated in the frame rails prior to determining the firewall location. You may decide a setback firewall is needed, and they sell them already offset back 1.5"-2" for that purpose. Same with floors; they sell them with a lip to mate to a setback firewall. Here's a link to a google search I did for '32 Ford stuff:
https://www.google.com/#q=1932+ford+steel+floor+for+sale&tbm=shop

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Welcome aboard, MWC359! Glad you joined and looking forward to watching your build. Looks like your '32 body is in really good shape. The floor pans and firewall should be fairly simple for your new Gasser. Start a build thread so we can keep up with your progress and don't hesitate to ask questions. There are some of the most talented and knowledgeable old gassers here one could ask for. (Sorry, guys) :D The cool part is..... they're all eager to help in any way! Good luck with your gasser transformation and have fun with it!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks like you have a piece of history there. Someone has chopped the top,filled the quarter windows and channeled it over the frame.Thats probably why it has no floor. The car may never have gotten any further-I think you have to pinch the frame to channel these 32s-Lots of work! If the frame hasn't been narrowed,it would be easier to set the body back on top of the frame.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Prostreet,I agree,I just didn't want to tell him how to build it!LOL Maybe someone can photoshop it or find some 32 coupe pics with and without fenders. Gassers of course.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great info guys thanks for the help. I've been looking at those rear window. Looks like it should be a easy fix if I take my time. I can see the entire window opening behind the plate. I'm so excited to get this thing started. Work should start in a couple of weeks. Thanks again. Long Live The Gasser !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts