Gasser HotRod Forums banner
3141 - 3155 of 3155 Posts

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,144 ·
Got a call from the MG buyer On Saturday. When I saw the caller ID I said uh oh. I pictured a complaint before I answered the phone but I picked it up anyway. Bill said to me I went under and over that car and I can’t tell how impressed I am with your craftsmanship. He said the car was amazing to him. That was coming from a collector. That has to be one of the 2nd most greatest compliments I have received yet. 1st most greatest coming from all you guys who supported me on the forum. Bill asked me to do some project work for him But I had to respectively decline. Now I’m really getting a swelled head. Hope I can get my helmet on when I go to race the coupe. ROFL. And to top it all off he thought the emblem on the trunk that had the MM stood for Morris Minor. I corrected him and and told him those are my initials. He laughed on the phone. Thanks to all for a great project.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Hi Mario, I just got home from a couple weeks of vacation, without a computer. I was surprised to see you sold the MG. Well not surprised, because it is such a great car, but you know what I mean. Any future projects or are you going to concentrate on the coupe? Selling cars that you buillt is hard to do, but the time comes to part with them. It's hard.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,148 ·
Now that is truly awesome! It is always nice to get compliments outside your "circle"! Well done!
Thanks Dave.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,149 ·
Hi Mario, I just got home from a couple weeks of vacation, without a computer. I was surprised to see you sold the MG. Well not surprised, because it is such a great car, but you know what I mean. Any future projects or are you going to concentrate on the coupe? Selling cars that you buillt is hard to do, but the time comes to part with them. It's hard.
Hi Mike. I will probably concentrate on the coupe for now. Money already went to pay down my truck loan. If a Willy’s coupe fell on my doorstep I may venture into another project but for now I have to say no. It is hard.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,150 ·
We're going to miss the MG almost as much as you will Mario! It was an excellent build, and enjoyable to watch it as you went along! No doubt the buyer was impressed, as we all were too!
Thanks Vall. All you guys were my inspiration. I thank all of you.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,152 ·
WHAT !!!! WHAT congrats Mario that black bitchin MG I will miss. I saw her go thru the different stages of the great build!!!!!! thank you for sharing. What is next ??
Thanks Rik. You were part of my fun build also. always encouraging and eating lots of popcorn and beer. Lol
don't see a project coming my way for now. Gotta make time for some family things at the moment. I would love a 41 Willy’s in my garage but doubt that will ever happen.

Reactions: 1937Austin

·
Registered
1992 jeep wrangler (YJ)
66 Posts
Wow Mario cant belive its gone!! From scrolling through your build you definetly blew my mind. Very impressive how you transformed that mg. Cant wait to see what you do next im sure it will be very cool. Saw this video pop up this morning reminded me of your car.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,154 ·
Thanks for the kind words. I’m kinda sad it’s gone. But it needed to go.

Reactions: Jimbo8v92
3141 - 3155 of 3155 Posts