Gasser HotRod Forums banner
3121 - 3140 of 3155 Posts

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,123 ·
As it would be for me another guy called today about the vehicle and he wants to come it is he actually wanted to come in this afternoon but I couldn’t do it because I had a doctors appointment but he actually wanted to come today so now there’s two people looking unless it’s the same playing a game. He said he has a cobra and he has a lot of questions.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,125 ·
Well a gentleman showed up today and drove up in a 64 riviera with a 425 dual carb nailhead. Beautiful gold paint. He looked the MG up and down. Wanted my lowest number and I held back. He wants to talk today. Overnight to ponder the whole deal. He has a cobra So he’s familiar with the harsh drive of the MG. I took him for a ride and gave it a whirl and I think I scared him Cause when I asked him if he wanted me to give it a hit at a slow roll he refused It waving his hand like I Surrender. Lol maybe this morning we will talk again. Another guy was coming but decided to go to NC to look at a cobra. I think he’s committed to Cobras. I doubt he’ll come back from a trip and buy the MG.

Reactions: 1937Austin

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,127 · (Edited)
We’ll Bill showed at 4;30 today like he promised. He said he would give me the 20k if I change the exhaust to a side pipe and fix the gas pedal arrangement. I told him ‘skdjfndejekj&@&H£]£|’keiorjj
nah I’m kidding. I told him take the car as it is and drop the price to 19 k. Which was my bottom line.
he thought for a minute and said it was fair. So we shook on 19k. He will be back Monday to pick it up. The guy is a gentleman and really appreciated the work I did on the car. On that shake I told him don’t worry about the deposit and we could square away Monday. If he welches On the deal I get to keep the car. No worries for me. Kinda sad. I’m burning a firepit in honor of the sale. Sort of cerimonial
And by the way he showed up with a driver condition 66 427 vette I said you got any more tricks up your sleeve lol
Bonfire Sky Fire Tree Flame

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,130 ·
Sounds like a stand up guy, and I think he'll be back as promised.
So what's next on your build plan after the MG is gone?
Well probably going to concentrate on enjoying the coupe. I would like to continue building up the LT1 with the good heads and Hilborn. I want to enjoy racing the coupe a few times at the 1/8 mile scheduled for august. I will be hunting down a set of slicks to get somewhat real times. Lots of rubber has been layed down on the runway strip. Also the coupe steering should be changed over to something like a vega steering box.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,132 ·
Congrats! Must feel somewhat good to close the deal and move on, but I would be a little sad as well. I cannot imagine selling mine.
Thanks Dave. It’s still here so it’s not done yet. But it is kinda sad.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,134 ·
He called yesterday and said he didn’t want to do his first drive in traffic or at night. I think he’s smart. He needs to know the car before he does anything like night driving. He was trying to arrange a flat bed pickup. Todays forecast is iffy. Lots of clouds and he can’t drive it in the rain. So we wait till tomorrow. Meanwhile this auction company is begging me to list it. If Bill don’t take it then auction it is. I’ll get a higher price from them.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,136 ·
You might get a higher price but how much total do they take for their cut?
Well they told me that my asking price to them will be what they will work for. They will take anything on top. But I bet there is a minimum required. It’s all good I still got my MG. 😄

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,138 ·
I agree. I have to build the motor and buy slicks for next summer.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,139 ·
Ok it’s done. Bill brought me a bottle of wine. Because I didn’t make a deal about the deposit and him coming right away. What a great guy. He drove off and I was hearing bad to the bone in my head. I gave him a rundown on all the personality traits and things to remember. Then I watched it leave.

3121 - 3140 of 3155 Posts