Gasser HotRod Forums banner
2961 - 2980 of 2997 Posts

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,961 ·
I"M with Vall it does look bitchinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. I do have a ? what size are those diamonds????
Sorry Rick I’ve been slow to post and didnt see your question.
I believe they are 2x3 which I only see in a pebble grain design on Amazon.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,962 ·
I started laying down the carpet. Yes it’s the same junk I put in the coupe but it’s money already spent. I can live with it. Tough time trying make a pattern to a 3 dimensional surface area. I used chip board in sections to get close enough for government specs. Put up a pop-up tent outside to give me shade and I worked my butt off yesterday in the heat. Today too but it wasn’t as hot as yesterday. Thank god.
I set up my saw horses and away I measured and cut close to the pattern. When I cleaned up and packed it in my knee said hold your horses partner. So I got a good portion of carpet down and I made the center divider that holds the new radio. I also made the shelf with speakers cut out but I haven’t made a support for the shelf or the divider yet. Needs some patches on the sides yet and also at the kick panels. Still got some ways to go but I’m moving better and better as I loose weight. I’m down 29 lbs as of yesterday. I have at least 30 more to go. UUUUUHG. BUT IT HAS TO BE DONE.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
I started laying down the carpet. Yes it’s the same junk I put in the coupe but it’s money already spent. I can live with it. Tough time trying make a pattern to a 3 dimensional surface area. I used chip board in sections to get close enough for government specs. Put up a pop-up tent outside to give me shade and I worked my butt off yesterday in the heat. Today too but it wasn’t as hot as yesterday. Thank god.
I set up my saw horses and away I measured and cut close to the pattern. When I cleaned up and packed it in my knee said hold your horses partner. So I got a good portion of carpet down and I made the center divider that holds the new radio. I also made the shelf with speakers cut out but I haven’t made a support for the shelf or the divider yet. Needs some patches on the sides yet and also at the kick panels. Still got some ways to go but I’m moving better and better as I loose weight. I’m down 29 lbs as of yesterday. I have at least 30 more to go. UUUUUHG. BUT IT HAS TO BE DONE.
View attachment 107450 View attachment 107451 View attachment 107452 View attachment 107453 View attachment 107454
Looks awesome Mario, and it will surely make the car quieter, and cooler too! So a multiple win!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,964 ·
Thanks Vall. I owe you for the encouragement and great example you set when you did the 39 Chevy. Had you not posted I would have never put forth the effort.

Reactions: 1946Austin

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Great job! and congratulations on the weight loss. I know how hard it can be. Wear your knee pads, I used to think they were usless. Not anymore.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
Great job! and congratulations on the weight loss. I know how hard it can be. Wear your knee pads, I used to think they were usless. Not anymore.
I can't wear the knee pads, so I have a couple mechanic's pads I haul around as I work on my knees. Both of mine are shot, and I know it's just a matter of time until I end up replacing both. Trying to put that off as long as possible!

·
Registered
792 Posts
I can't wear the knee pads, so I have a couple mechanic's pads I haul around as I work on my knees. Both of mine are shot, and I know it's just a matter of time until I end up replacing both. Trying to put that off as long as possible!
I saved a cushion off an old sofa and use that! works like a charm

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,969 ·
I spent a couple of hours tonight. I figured if I do a little each night I might be able to go driving saturday night. I went 2 steps forward and 3 steps backward. I forgot to double check the driver side panel was opposite and I wrapped the whole time consuming son of a beehive on the wrong side.
anyway I did get the step areas at the side back floor carpeted. One passenger side panel with diamond material. Gotta do that drivers side again.

Reactions: sbauman2

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
I wish I could say I've never done that same thing Mario! But I'd be lying. So I have to write on my panels with a felt marker to indicate which side is which, and also mark them for the backside, so I don't put material on the wrong side too!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Hey Mario, anyone who has been in this hobby/pastime has probably done this. I've done it a couple times with pieces I've cut out out of Aluminum and steel; dooooh!!!!!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,973 ·
Thanks guys. I did it on the coupe too. Had to order more material because of the mishap.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
I was looking at more material just lately, as I plan to redo my Austin's door panels this fall. I wanted to mix it up by not going with diamonds on the Austin, but for whatever reason nobody sells sewn pleated material. It's all the heated bonded pleats, which I think look tacky compared to sewn. But it's also double the price of diamond material, so the Austin may get diamonds too!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,975 ·
Yeah most of it is heat sealed vinyl. The 2x3 diamond is the only sewn seams I found.

Reactions: 1946Austin

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,976 · (Edited)
Spent all day working on the interior. Sweating in the high humidity. Waiting for the hurricane. Supposedly tomorrow mid morning it will be running across Long Island.
anyway I secured the divider panel to the flooring. Installed the radio in the panel. I made angle brackets to support the top shelf. Installed the rear speakers On the shelf. Then I made both left and right inner side panels with mounted speakers for the front. Next up will be wiring the radio power when I wring out the sweat from my shirt.
wow does that wiring under there look messy. Not proud of that.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,978 · (Edited)
I finished the radio install today. I tapped an accessory and key on power coming from above the radio fuse. Those cheapo speakers sound great. Stereo and Bluetooth work great. For a cheapo system I’m pretty impressed.
my seat bracket bolts although in the same position are not making it all the way through the frame because this is the first Install with the new seats.
I need an inch longer and 3/8 instead of 7/16 to have enough play to make it down all the way. So Home Depot here we come. To be continued.

for your listening pleasure till the seats get bolted in.

Reactions: sbauman2

·
Registered
659 Posts
Mario those open headers is my kind of MUSIC u don't need a radio BitchiNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN great job on the interior me likes a lot...……...…….

2961 - 2980 of 2997 Posts