Gasser HotRod Forums banner

2921 - 2926 of 2926 Posts

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,921 ·
There are some metal shops but I would have to go during work hours And it’s difficult For me. I just figured A cut score and a test bend or two may be the best way for me. Plus I miss the welding.

Reactions: 1946Austin

·
Administrator
13,197 Posts
Got myself a little welder burn the other day welding up the upper shock mounts. Figured why put the welding jacket on for a little welding? Later on in the shower I decided that wasn't a great decision.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,923 ·
Got myself a little welder burn the other day welding up the upper shock mounts. Figured why put the welding jacket on for a little welding? Later on in the shower I decided that wasn't a great decision.
Yep that can happen. I try to wear long sleeve shirts when I’m doing any welding.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Heat and bend...you got torches and a rose bud tip?..or a large welding tip with a piece of angel clamped on to your plate as a guide and heat sink then use the brake before it cools

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,925 ·
Heat and bend...you got torches and a rose bud tip?..or a large welding tip with a piece of angel clamped on to your plate as a guide and heat sink then use the brake before it cools
That’s a great option Lash. I do have a small oxy acet setup. It’s old so I wonder if the hose is dry cracked. I’m not experienced with it but I may try it. If you see a glow in the eastern sky at sunset it’s me. Lol

Reactions: 1946Austin

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,926 ·
I moved all the crap in the corner of the garage To get to the 1/8 plate I have. Heavier than I expected. I thought maybe I could lift it up and over but it was a no go. Had to slide it out. I laid it on my saw horses and planned out my 2 cuts. Looked at my coup behind me and said to myself I better get the tarp and hang it behind me to protect the car From any sparks. The width of the sheet was 1/2 inch shy of my template. After thinking about it I felt holding one side and keeping the short side under the seat where nobody would see is fine. Saves me 2 long cuts. I got out my wheel of death and used the 1/2 used cutting disc that was on it and cut away using the metal guide which came in my gazebo packing material. It was exactly the width I needed. I’m a hoarder for metal and I don’t throw away anything. After the first cut I swapped the disc for a new one. Made the second cut and done for tonight. so step one is done.

2921 - 2926 of 2926 Posts