Gasser HotRod Forums banner

2881 - 2900 of 2926 Posts

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,881 ·
Both Frank and I appreciate it very much. He held the panel while I lined up the clips. He’s very helpful around the garage.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I

need to know, how can I get a friend like Frank?

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
The nice thing about using the clip type retainers is you do not end up with the puckers like when you have to screw it on...there is not always enough metal around the door edges to do the clips

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,885 ·
The nice thing about using the clip type retainers is you do not end up with the puckers like when you have to screw it on...there is not always enough metal around the door edges to do the clips
I noticed that but when I get to the coupe I will have to pucker up but with button covers possibly.

thanks everyone. Just to be Frank!

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,886 ·
I finished up the driver side with the strap. I removed the panel and after scratching my head for a while, I came up with some model clay on the inside of the door panel and made an impression to make sure the holes in the panel were accurate. And it was so I stuck my dentist pic through the fabric with confidence.

CF89C73D-A29D-42E5-BB80-2B4A4F4DC017.jpg 18AE4E35-7D7B-4694-8A09-8D965254207A.jpg

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Nice

very nice Mario. And if Frank was handing you the tools and you asked for a dental pick, he handed you a Craftsman scribe; I have the same 3 piece set. Tell him to get his shit together before he screws up and hands you a tool that you mess up your job with LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,888 ·
Let me ask you guys a question. Frank wants to sell the MG. So do I. What would you think a fast sell price would be for it? You won’t hurt Franks feelings. So be honest. I’m talking set it out there and set the hook fast. Well not that fast. Just don’t want to scare people away.

·
Administrator
13,197 Posts
Sell fast? I'd guess something under $20k seems to be the "sell fast" area. Often over that magical figure cars will sell fine, but fast usually needs to be under it.

Wish you were keeping it, but I sure understand when things have to go. Are you planning another build, or maybe putting more into the '35 Chevy coupe?

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
I would have to go with what Vall says...but you can put it out there on Craigs and see what happens..price high and then drop down...I smell some one that wants a new car

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,891 ·
Im not sure I can do another gasser right now. But you never know.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
That's

such a bummer about having to let the MG go; it's such a unique car and really reflects the builder, you. I agree with Lash about remembering to start a bit high to leave room for negotiations because you know that no matter what you're asking a potential buyer is going to offer you less. Before you sell it you really need to do a video of you putting the MG through a hard burn out and high rpm second gear shift. Have Frank record it or better still have Frank do the burn out and you record it!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,893 ·
I’m trying to come up with some sort of interior which required me to remove the seats which required me to remove the exhaust to get to the seat bolts. So I couldn’t resist to start it open.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,896 · (Edited)
I bought these cragars last year for the front of the MG and I just got around to cleaning them. I think I could have done a lot worse for a hundred bucks. I also got a set of MT Indy profiles for the back but I noticed a little cracking going on. So I may scrap them. I was hoping to use them cause they’re sticky. Oh well. What if I put tubes in them and drive them to the cruise nights. Am I crazy? Why do my iPhone pics come in here sideways. I’m tired of fixing that.

D58B0327-AFCB-4CA4-A65C-DFD84DFE1A71.jpg C2DC23BC-9DF5-4D2F-8732-3BFA13A71924.jpg

·
Administrator
13,197 Posts
Wow! Those look amazing Mario! I wouldn't use cracked tires, even with tubes. If they came apart they could really mess up that gorgeous MG at the least!

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Yep Mario

I do remember you saying you have a soft spot for Cragars and that is a nice pair. The next time you take photos with your phone turn is 90 degrees and shouldn't that make them come out oriented right.
I thought about posting a photo of another "nice pair" but I figured I'd be censored LOL :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,899 ·
I do remember you saying you have a soft spot for Cragars and that is a nice pair. The next time you take photos with your phone turn is 90 degrees and shouldn't that make them come out oriented right.
It seems which ever way I hold the camera they appear correct on my phone. But when I upload the forum swings it sideways. It’s been doing that for years now. The only thing that fixes it is if I edit the photo somehow and re-save it then it retains the properties of the base line embedded in the file.

·
Administrator
13,197 Posts
Same here Mario. If I take pictures with my camera and then download them to my computer, they're fine. Load them direct and they're always messed up. So I just load them to my computer, or my Imgur account first.

2881 - 2900 of 2926 Posts