Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Cool video. Love the car! One day I'll have a deuce gasser.

If you use the 'insert video' icon where you enter your comments it will appear like this.

Are the four taillights stock? I thought that they only had the ones on the fenders not the trunk.

Mike

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tip Mike. The 65 Duece had backup lights in the trunk lid. I went another way with red lenses to be different.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Dale, one of my all time favorite songs and that Nova Rocks!! Mark L

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I have always liked different tail light treatments..... 6 across the back on a 63-67 Vette - anything with '59 Caddy bullet-style tail lights - blue dots - red dots.

Had planned to do 6 Vette tail lights across the back of the rear roll pan on my El Camino.... it's gone but still have the tail light housings & lens.

DEFINITELY goin to do some "different" with the Opel.... some "frenched" into the sides of the rear fender

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Love doing tail lights..... Changing the tail panels makes all the difference when that's the last thing the fellow you just blew by will see ! !
:D :D :D :D :D Now that's a great way of putting things into perspective! :D

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
If done right it can really set off that area of the car.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I've always thought that anything frenched in was more for customs than gassers. Just my opinion though.
If done right it can really set off that area of the car.
Love doing tail lights.....

I have always like doing "different things"..... which was one of my main reasons for trading my El Camino for the Opel.

No matter what I finally decide to do with the tail lights it will not be "radically custom". Both of the stock tail light lenses on the Opel have "cracks" so changing to "different" tail lights" will serve "two purposes".

The rear hatch lid, as well as the rear fender gives me "plenty" of options for placement depending which style of tail lights I decide to use.

I still have some 62-67 Vette tail light housings & lens. It would make sense to use them so I don't have to buy others.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts