Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts
Whoa! Lots of fire and smoke! What was the cloud I saw after you were stopped at the end and it suddenly belched another cloud of smoke? Was that from a fire extinguisher?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahaha yup, I learned that lesson a long time ago always keep a fire extinguisher in your car. The car was on fire from all the hot transfluid sprayed everywhere.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I mentioned in your introductory to let us know what your "mishap" was at the track. Now I know and I'm sorry for bring up the death of your tranny again. May it rest in piece (pieces LOL!). You ran a drop off 11.86. What is it normally capable of? Sounded strong in the staging lanes. Mark L

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It runs 10.60to 10.70s depending on the weather. Im sure that was my last track pass with the car. I came way too close to losing old girl. Now im just going to cruise around town.

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts
Hahaha yup, I learned that lesson a long time ago always keep a fire extinguisher in your car. The car was on fire from all the hot transfluid sprayed everywhere.
Yep! I've got extinguishers in my Austin and the Camaro. I've used the one in the Camaro, but on somebody's car who didn't have an extinguisher! When I put out the fire in a neat old '55 Ford the lady driving looked at the mess and said, "My husband is gonna be mad about that mess!"
I told her he'd be a lot madder about a burnt out car!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts