Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Beautiful

What an absolutely beautiful build!! A fantastic job of documenting the whole process. You have to be really proud. I got a real surprise when going through the post. I've been collecting nostalgic drag racing art work for years. I've purchased two pieces from one of your country men, Ian Guy; one being titled "Henry and the Rat" I just sort of figured that the gassers he drew were from his head. But there on post 137 and photo 2734, there you are racing the 57 Chevy from his art piece. I couldn't help but think how cool would that have been if it had been your Willys he drew instead of the yellow Henry. I'd have your car on my wall.

Nice job man

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
That car is awesome. I didn't go thru the thread but will when I have time. my dream car.
Great Job!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, appreciate the kind comments.
I'm currently building a 40 Willys pickup, will list it here as soon as I get some spare time :+1:

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
Well I've followed your coupe and the new pickup build closely for years Steve. Having you join up here is fantastic, and I know we'll all benefit from watching your progress on the truck! Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I've followed your coupe and the new pickup build closely for years Steve. Having you join up here is fantastic, and I know we'll all benefit from watching your progress on the truck! Thanks!
Your too kind Vall, thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What an absolutely beautiful build!! A fantastic job of documenting the whole process. You have to be really proud. I got a real surprise when going through the post. I've been collecting nostalgic drag racing art work for years. I've purchased two pieces from one of your country men, Ian Guy; one being titled "Henry and the Rat" I just sort of figured that the gassers he drew were from his head. But there on post 137 and photo 2734, there you are racing the 57 Chevy from his art piece. I couldn't help but think how cool would that have been if it had been your Willys he drew instead of the yellow Henry. I'd have your car on my wall.

Nice job man
Thanks, yes Ian guy is a super talented artist.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We also have a super talented guy here called Surfmonkey, this is the pencil drawing he for my 60th birthday

Attachments

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
That is awesome work. I would scan that and keep a digital file of it for reproduction or even just a wallpaper on the computer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers, that's what I just posted

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
When will the Tee-shirts be ready for public, to share and ware................ the idea of a poster of the drawing would be awesome. Lash

·
Registered
57 Posts
Great to see you over here Langy. I have read through and watched your builds on the HAMB for years. I love the 32' Ford along with the two Willys gassers. I know you have been laid up with some foot issues. Hope you can get back to building cars again soon. You do fantastic work and have incredible talent. I use your ideas and craftsmanship to inspire myself and give me ideas on how to make stuff. Thanks for sharing. I hope to get back over to England again soon one day to visit family, I would love to make a day trip to visit your shop and check out your workmanship in person. Cheers.
Greg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts