Gasser HotRod Forums banner
541 - 558 of 558 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #543 ·
I ordered the Altered Wheelbase book today. So many thoughts bouncing around in my empty head. I really liked how the Jackpot car turned out. Or I could go gasser. Not sure yet which way I am headed. I have a 55 Plymouth that I want to build as well. I am thinking the MII would fit in it pretty well (I need a drive-able hot rod for my wife). Time will tell.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
After no posts for almost 3 years that was a fun ride; thanks. What were you lined up against because there was no sign of him out your passenger window.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #547 ·
After no posts for almost 3 years that was a fun ride; thanks. What were you lined up against because there was no sign of him out your passenger window.
LOL, I haven't been up to much, most of the tracks have been closed down until this summer. I was running a 55 Chevy wagon. I saw him in my rearview mirror once, not sure if he broke or just got out of it.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
I saw Robbie Davis had posted some Facebook pics from the Estranged Drags at Toutle, and posted one of your coupe launching wheels up. Was a great shot of you launching hard off the line Mike!
Did the occasional rain over the weekend affect the drags much?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #549 ·
I saw Robbie Davis had posted some Facebook pics from the Estranged Drags at Toutle, and posted one of your coupe launching wheels up. Was a great shot of you launching hard off the line Mike!
Did the occasional rain over the weekend affect the drags much?
It rained or drizzeled every night or early morning. Delayed start times until noon usually, but track dried out and the rest of the daytime was great.

·
Registered
792 Posts
screenshot that pic and post it up!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #557 ·
Just back from Bremerton Raceway, 1/8 mile track. Nostalgia Drags weekend. Lot of great cars. Made it to the semi finals and broke out. I gotta get better at dialing in my time estimates. Any suggestions out there. Broke out by .06, 7.792 on a 7.85 dial.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
I'm no help Mike! I quit racing when they started the whole bracket racing thing. Never cared for the whole dial in times, and guys hitting the brakes, etc.

541 - 558 of 558 Posts