Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed 3" wheel studs on the 9 1/4 rotors from speedway? I need to do this to pass tech. I am using 7/16 studs and the stock studs have a .475 knurl on them. need a part #

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
Are you sure they're .475", and not .480"? .480" is a standard, and probably what you need. If for some reason they're slightly too large, it pretty easy to work them down a little to fit. I've done it by chucking them in a drill motor and turn the drill on, then use a file to take a little off. Just take a bit and test fit until they will press in.
Here's the number for .480 Moroso at Summit:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mor-46150

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Vall, Yes the knurl is .475 and it is high on the stud . Close to the hub face. Most studs have the knurl low on the stud at the bottom of the stud. I have close to .580 dia. on the hub at the entrance.ARP has a part #100-7714 but they have a .554 low on stud , and they are for stock rotors. I am taking one to jegs to compare and decide on.

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
If the hole in the hub is not straight through, then you could either cut the new stud to match, or drill the hole out to remove the step. Some axles are pretty hard though, and not easy to cut! I tried to slightly enlarge the holes in my 8.8" Ford axles, and they just laughed at my drill bit! I've never encountered axles with such hard steel on the hubs!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts