Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What music do you all listen to when working in your shop on your cars. I have the radio on 50's on 5 on Sirius most of the time but will switch to Willies Roadhouse for some old country music but that's about all the music I listen to. but at 59 years old what do I know.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I'm rock and roll and Metal. Mostly '80's and '90's stuff.

Mark L

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Here in Pittsburgh we still have two "AM radio stations" that play oldies..... Doo *** ..... The music old school hot rodders cruised the streets listening to.

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
Mostly 60's and 70's rock and roll for me. Never got into music much in the 80's or later, and didn't get into the old 50's stuff when I was young.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have my Pandora set on surf rock. Dick Dale is the shit!

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Everything - Rock, Hard Rock, Punk, Metal, New/Old Country, Blues, Beach, Classical, '50s. I have about 1600 songs on my old iPhone that I use for music. Sounds really good on shuffle, never know what type is coming up next.

Mike

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I have a collection of doowop, the rat pack, country, and some 80's and 90's mix all running in iTunes and on mix. From doo *** to frank Sinatra to george strait to hoobastank. My neighbors kids get a kick out of what comes out my garage.
My favorite is the doo ***. As it goes with the fifties theme.
Mario

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I have a collection of doowop, the rat pack, country, and some 80's and 90's mix all running in iTunes and on mix. From doo *** to frank Sinatra to george strait to hoobastank. My neighbors kids get a kick out of what comes out my garage.
My favorite is the doo ***. As it goes with the fifties theme.
Mario
Mario...... YOU know I was going to "chime in" on this thread again!!!!!! Many of us old time hot rodders ..... Especially us east coast grey beards cruised the streets with our DOO *** blasting for our AM frequency ( LONG before FM Stations) enhanced with a "Re-verb" & a rear speaker (btw the chicks loved it) along with red bulbs glowing ever so softly front under the dash for when we took time away from "Traffic Light Racing" ( also know as ILLEGAL display of SPEED by the local police & State Troopers).

Pittsburgh DJ Craig "Porky Chedwick" is credited for keeping those "oldies but goodies" alive by continuing to play that great old music LONG after songs dropped off the charts..... And also many more which never were on the hit lists of the 50's & 60's.

Fortunately for Pittsburgh Oldies Lovers our music is still being played by local DJ's on AM radio stations. Both during the week & also on the weekend at certain times. Saturday from 7am until sign off (something AM radio stations have always had to do) which comes when the SUN goes DOWN..... :0(

In fact right now listening to "Caveman Ralph" until 9am followed by Dr. Doo *** on WEDO 770 on the AM dial as they say !!!!! The station DOES broadcast along with having ALL previous shows on the INTERNET..... As well as AM 810 - WEDO - The Candy & Mike Show (my Favorites) they are on the air 11am until 2pm Monday - Fridays.

"Rock & Roll Forever Will Stand"...... Back to work!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
A quote from the movie HOTROD. Man after my own heart
Rock and roll forever will stand.
Mario

·
Registered
922 Posts
Country on my radio. I get blasted with classic hard rock at work every day, from a co-worker, so I get enough of that.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm known to listen to mostly anything from the 50's to present but usually go for late 70's rock (Cheap Trick ,Journey, REO) or classic Salsa(FANIA ALLSTARS)... and DISCO!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
A quote from the movie HOTROD. Man after my own heart
Rock and roll forever will standee. I
Mario
Mario.... That movie still stirs my blood to a boil..... The soundtrack is awesome but the Willys Coupe always steals the show !!!!! :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts