Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I was about 17, my Dad bought a "new" used car from a small lot in town. In the back row of the lot was a straight axle Falcon Ranchero without an engine that belonged to the lot owner. I had a '65 Falcon at the time and I was in awe.

Today I was looking at the "Vintage Shots From Days gone By" thread on the HAMB and saw this picture of it.

I asked an older drag racer I know about this car in the past and he said it never ran as fast as it looked like it should, but it's cool anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
That's way cool. There's cars from my past that I fantasize that I'll see in the back lot of an old house or property some day.

·
Administrator
13,536 Posts
Very cool! Looks like the rear axle is moved forward. Always wondered how guys got a PU with it's lighter rear weight to hook up well. Some move the axle forward, and some add weight in the bumper or frame. He did a good job on the wheelwell opening.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
yeah Gary, very cool. I love the look of that car/truck. Looks Like it came out of an AMT model box as the gasser version over stock. Love it.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
That is a very cool truck. I agree with Vall, it does look like an altered wheelbase. I'd love to know the story/history of the headers. Even for back then they don't have the conventional exit design for fenderwells. They look like possibly chassis exit design that were modified. Any other thoughts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts