Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a Morris Minor it has the stock frame under it how much trouble will it be to convert it over to later model suspension for a daily driver.

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
Please define what you mean by later model suspension? Control arms, or a modern straight axle? If control arms, or rack and pinion steering, then it will be about the same as what I described for the Anglia.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
want to put straight axle in front an 9 inch in rear. I have got a big tire car want to build a small tire car. will I have to build another frame for morris minor if so may build 55 chevy.

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
No you don't need to build a new frame for a Morris Minor. They are a C channel frame, and boxing it should make it a very solid frame. I've seen guys put low HP V8's in them without doing anything more than just boxing the firewall forward frame rails. Some add crossmembers to stiffen, and strengthen the rest of the frame, and triangulate it.
If you're building a mainly street car, I think you can easily do so with Morris factory frame, and a little added stiffening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts