Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
And this is the best shot! I love these cars!

My Grandmother was a school teacher and she bought a new car every couple years. She had Chevs thru '58 then switched to Pontiacs. Somewhere my mom has a shot of her red '63 or '64. I don't even know the model but it was the coolest. Her last car was a '71 LeMans Sport. My cousin still has it.

Mike

Mike

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have a 69 Bonneville, that I have had for maybe 8-9 years,, its on its second makeover,, nothing wrong with the first go around,, its just that for some reason I just don't seem to be able to leave my cars all together for very long,
I trying to get it back together after a new paint job,, Vall and I went looking for some trim that the painter seemed to misplace,, we found some but the owner of the yard didn't want to spend the time removing it ..
so I'm still hoping the reproduction trim I ordered , but is on back order will still show up,
its just a big ole boat,, cruzin Mochine,, will pass everything on the road but a gas station,,,
not very good pictures, it just came out of the paint shop,, the other one is from probably 7 years ago first make over

Attachments

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Hey, you guys are hitting me right in the heart. When I cut myself I bleed Pontiac Verdero Green, heh. I've gone to and built Buicks, Chevys, Fords, and I keep coming back to traditional Pontiacs. There's just something that keeps my world turning with traditional Pontiac V8s. Surprises lots of people with the torque these things make. That '69 is sweet, and you know the '65 GTO is the standard that Musclecars are judged by. I owned a '64 post GTO back in 70-71. Loved that car. But my heart is still with the full sized cars. Like my '63 and the '64 Catalina ( my first Poniac) that I had. They are just in my blood, what'er ya gunna do???? Mark L

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey, you guys are hitting me right in the heart. When I cut myself I bleed Pontiac Verdero Green, heh. I've gone to and built Buicks, Chevys, Fords, and I keep coming back to traditional Pontiacs. There's just something that keeps my world turning with traditional Pontiac V8s. Surprises lots of people with the torque these things make. That '69 is sweet, and you know the '65 GTO is the standard that Musclecars are judged by. I owned a '64 post GTO back in 70-71. Loved that car. But my heart is still with the full sized cars. Like my '63 and the '64 Catalina ( my first Poniac) that I had. They are just in my blood, what'er ya gunna do???? Mark L
yeah they are not only in my blood, but in my wallet

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for all compliments. It also runs good. Mark i am like you i bleed pontiac blue with a little chevy orange mixed in. I have a 37 pontiac 5 window coupe thats been sitting for a couple of years.Got a 72 400 out of a grand prix, gonna try to get started back on it this summer.I would like to put a straight axle under it, but i have to much money invested in the front suspension.Fatman stub mustang 2 with rack and pinion. when i get started back on it i will try to post some pics.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Yup ya's gotsta get some pics on the pages dude!! UH, please??? Would love to see the '37. I had a '40 Olds coupe that was part of the trade I used to get my '63. Love those early coupes for gassers. Just for something different I'd like to find a '37-'40 Pontiac 2 dr sedan and make it a gasser. I think that would be neat. Not sure I've ever seen one for sale though???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts