Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a junkyard in westfield today after wortk. Most of the stuff is more modern crap boxes with a few trucks thrown in. I did find two cool vehicles. One is under the sign at the entrance, a Ford truck and the other was on the back row. I wasn't sure what it was, but it had suicide doors. It was mostly complete except for the radiator, grille and engine cover.

·
Administrator
13,309 Posts
That sedan looks like it might be about a '38 Dodge? I think the Plymouth had the headlights in the radiator surround, and Dodge had them in the fenders like that one.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
You are close, it looks more like a '36 Dodge. Right down to the artillery wheels. Would make a cool lowrider. Always liked the stock looking '30s lowriders with skinny whites. I'd drive one.

You have a good eye, Vall.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Administrator
13,309 Posts
Early Mopar parts are very hard to find! My buddy's '35 Plymouth coupe is missing the same items and he's just going to substutute another grille to make it work.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With that era of cars it would probably be best to build them as best as you can and modify whatever you can find to make it look right. Even so, the car will not be worth a whole lot. I have enough trouble finding parts for my 66 Falcon. If it ever were to be hit, it would most likely be totaled. Bumpers are still eluding me.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is true. The only problem is I need some place to mount the turn signals. The bumper contained the turn signals. I might just go fiberglass. They cost 129 bucks and I can use any type of turn signal I want. There are a lot of choices out there.

I found some sites while just browsing for parts for that car (yeah I fantasize a lot about cars I don't own) and came up with fiberglass repops and custom grille surrounds that can look stock or wild.

I was just thinking, would that solid front axle from this car work in my Falcon? Unless they would sell the car whole which I am not sure how that works here in Mass for a junkyard.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
I would think that the drawback would be hubs and brakes. If there are kits out there to adapt a somewhat standard braking system to the axle, it would be OK. Also, the width would be something to pay attention to. Maybe even a transverse leaf setup like an A. I've seen early gassers with those, just to be different.

What about a tube bumper and cycle lights for t/s? I still want to find a cam 30" long so I can run that as my front bumper between the frame rails. Maybe a semi cam... :D

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A semi cam bumper would be really funny! Imagine how people would react to that when they see it. Since I have the center half of my bumper, I might be able to rig something up. I do know of a falcon in a river... It is an earlier model but the bumper might work with modification. I think I might need to pursue my dead cars in the river recycling initiative that I talked to a few people about around town.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts