Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas
I just wanted to introduce myself, Ive been into cars since I was knee high and the obsession continues.
Well I just have to say, I kinda on the fence but I am seriously considering rebuilding my 50' Dodge Coupe in 60's Gasser trim. I was running this weekend and experienced total engine failure, basically the no 6 cylinder is in pieces literally. Ive got an old late 50's Ford truck axle that was for another project, about half of an engine left and a few new parts on the shelf.
The car had lots of power but I couldnt get it down when it really counted, for a stroked big block it was dissapointing to get beat by a 30's coupe running a NA/350 on slicks was truthfully embarasing. I want to rebuild the Coupe and go back next year and turn heads and at least run a respectable time.

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
Welcome Rob! No embarrassment to lose when your engine isn't running on all 8 cylinders. Of course we're all behind you making it a straight axle car, and coming back better than ever!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Welcome aboard Rob! Sounds like a super plan..... Keep us posted on the progress and pics when you get time.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Yeah, another MOPAR. Rob, we would love to corrupt, oops, help you on your gasser build. Really, take a look around. Enjoy the site.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Welcome to our forum Rob. That Oldar Mopar would make a great Gasser. If you decide to build it, start a project thread and we can watch as it all comes together. Sorry about the motor break down but if it becomes the reason that started you on a Gasser build, then I say great. Glad you joined in and lets get you rollin'.

Mark L

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome aboard Rob! Sounds like a super plan..... Keep us posted on the progress and pics when you get time.
Yeah, another MOPAR. Rob, we would love to corrupt, oops, help you on your gasser build. Really, take a look around. Enjoy the site.
Welcome to our forum Rob. That Oldar Mopar would make a great Gasser. If you decide to build it, start a project thread and we can watch as it all comes together. Sorry about the motor break down but if it becomes the reason that started you on a Gasser build, then I say great. Glad you joined in and lets get you rollin'.

Mark L
thanks guys, im gonna be strait up. I have a ton of questions about chassis set up, four link set up, pinion angle weight transfer ext. I will be asking lots of questions before i start the build. I did find a 64' 383 to drop back in just to get the car back on the road until I get the parts collected and ready to start. Is anyone from the Southeast Gassers on here?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome aboard. That style of car would make a cool gasser. Bring it back like the six-million dollar man, faster, stronger, better...

Mike
Welcome Rob! No embarrassment to lose when your engine isn't running on all 8 cylinders. Of course we're all behind you making it a straight axle car, and coming back better than ever!
I will be starting a thread as soon as Ive got everything I need to get started so the time in between driving and racing the coupe is minimal, I have to be able to get my mopar fix!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Hey Rob, glad to hear you found another engine. You do not need a build thread to ask questions. Find a thread you like and fire away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts