Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi you guy's. I got to see and touch my long awaited 434 this morning. Looks really nice to me. First of next week looks like there going to get my car in. A little surprised at how many times the word "wheelie" came up from all those there. It came wired up and ready to run in the crate!

I'm just glad it got there un damaged...

Packing materials Wood Package delivery Shipping box Fixture Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Red Tire Fuel tank Wheel Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Talk about damn near turn key.........you cant get any closer,,,,,,,,, a thing of beauty

·
Registered
112 Posts
Good looking Mill! I like the finned valve covers and air cleaner. That should haul the Bacon!

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Looks awesome Gary. Hope it goes well for you.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks one and all!! Its just barely sinking in that this is even happening. Sure be glad to get it on the road for real and quit dreaming..

·
Registered
659 Posts
Warlock, you are a disturbed man!!! Penicillin and a healthy shot of steroid V-ocho can cure that horrible gasser virus LOL that is great!!!!!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Warlock, you are a disturbed man!!! Penicillin and a healthy shot of steroid V-ocho can cure that horrible gasser virus LOL that is great!!!!!!!
I know.... I'm a sick man and your are quite correct! I have the need for speed in a big way I hope this car fills that gap some. lol..

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The fact is, I just today finally, at last, have the car, engine, and trans all in the same place in the same room in the speed shop. Beyond them saying "this is where it will be for a while" no idea how long this is all going to take. At least they did give me two spots in the shop to put my car in the middle of a larger space. And this was one of the reasons they said it took so long to get me in. Idea being the chance of any damage to my paint job and all will be reduced.

I know I'm a dick head, but at the premium prices these shops charge for the work they do, and because of the type of cars they work on, the idea of damage to my car shouldn't be a concern. At least they did there best to minimize damage.

So now I wait. They get my engine and trans for the work done on my car, but was today told there could be "over run" I hate over run.

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
BS. They made a deal, and before they've even turned a wrench they're starting to hedge on their deal. I'd tell them they need to stick to their agreement, and no over runs. Comments like they made are their way of testing you, to see your reaction. If it gets past you, then they know they can really stick it to you.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I understand time and material but don't let them take advantage of you. It's your car and your money and you need to be involved. If you're to nice you'll be put on the back burner. I had that happen to me before at a body shop. They may be super nice people but it's the nature of the beast.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Over runs my ass. All they're doing is swapping a motor and trans for the same with possibly a different trans mount. It's got a carburetor so there isn't an additional engine management system to be installed. These dudes need to be taught a lesson; don't let them bend you over Gary.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
All right guys lets all meet up at that shop and give'em a good beat down old man style......................we will give them a over run........at no over cost..........and put that nova together in about 4 hours, wipe your tools down and get her done

·
Registered
203 Posts
" . . . and give'em a good beat down old man style."

Is that like when we all go over there, stand around until we all feel faint, then sit down for a while?

'Cause that's kind of all I can do these days . . .

·
Registered
354 Posts
" . . . and give'em a good beat down old man style."

Is that like when we all go over there, stand around until we all feel faint, then sit down for a while?

'Cause that's kind of all I can do these days . . .
We'll bring canes and walkers....not only good for standing up and moving about but they make pretty effective weapons, right?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wish there was a real honest way to let you all know how happy you have made me. Its such a shame we all live far apart "most of us" I never was on a web forum that was so real and straight up. Full of men, no punks, no attitudes, "except for real good ones"

6stringtim called it pretty close about being too nice. It would seem nice guys finish last when it comes to politeness and an expectation to be to be treated polite back. I am too easy going and backward, I just cant seem to learn most folks don't give shit, they just want to get paid. I had "words" with the owner of the shop yesterday and as well with two others involved all along in my project. I brought them a nearly sterile car with the simplest possible direct swap I could come up with money allowed. The 434 bolts up exactly like the 383 nothing different and the engine is all alone in the compartment, no fender wells wide open spaces.
I provided a custom made transmission mount to allow them to bolt up the 200R4 perfectly using the same holes the original one used. Nothing to drill. The new MSD box and coil replace the exact same items both under the dash on the fire wall in the open. And the new billet pistol grip B&M shifter bolts in exactly the place the B&M Pro Shifter is now.

All I really wanted them for was to provide a way to physically do the engine swap. And for there knowledge of the ladder bar rear suspension and other stuff this dumb ass never had before, or fully understood. Any way minus cuss words I know wont go here and shouldn't, all the stuff I just mentioned was the basis of what I had to say. After I said it, I knew I had said it all and I walked the hell out.

This after noon I was informed the new engine and trans are in the car and looking sweet. It seems that the 200 R4 is a couple inches longer than the turbo 350 I had, so the drive shaft is being shortened. In the morning, just for good measure I will be there to see all this for my self. Un announced ...

The owner did tell me he is raising the coil overs from the bottom slots to the top giving me 3 1/2" or so of lift in the rear. I asked for that, its too low. And he is setting up the ladder bar suspension for the street until I want it changed, and then he will show me exactly how to set it up any way I want to. Imagine that! As well the red "gasser tint" I provided will be put on for me. There singing a different tune today. Thanks guys for all the support, you know I will have pictures soon as possible.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Great Gary. Glad you worked it out. Good job delivering you concerns and getting them motivated.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts