Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wednesday is the season opener of Beaches Wed. night drags and car show. Can't remember ever missing the opener, unless it rained out and nobody could go. Always 1500+ cars at the cruise, plus a ton of cars racing that night.
But our granddaughter is graduating from high school that night, and no way we can miss that event!! I guess I'll have to hope for a rain out this week, but forecast looks like it will be low 80's and a perfect evening!

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Wednesday is the season opener of Beaches Wed. night drags and car show. Can't remember ever missing the opener, unless it rained out and nobody could go. Always 1500+ cars at the cruise, plus a ton of cars racing that night.
But our granddaughter is graduating from high school that night, and no way we can miss that event!! I guess I'll have to hope for a rain out this week, but forecast looks like it will be low 80's and a perfect evening!
I feel for you pal. But as you already well know the family has to come first. I hope for rain for you. Maybe it will postpone the event. Graduation will be a memory for all involved. And it will be a good memory. You won't regret it.

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Woo hoo! Wife tells me graduation is "Wed. the 6th". I look at the calendar and ask her which is wrong; Wed. or the date of the 6th? She said, "Wed. is the 6th" and I told her it's the 7th. Appears she had her days mixed up, and graduation is Tuesday the 6th!!! Looks like a false alarm, and I'll make both events!!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Sometimes (not often enough though) the Gods smile on you.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Well the good and the bad... if you missed the grad due to wife's error, you could have held it over her head for something you want at a later date.....the bad... you would have missed the kids graduation....but all is well, that ends well

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Well that sure worked out. Lol

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Wow, that's great news, Val! We'll be looking for lots of pics.... of both events! Congratulations to the Graduate!:cool: And to the proud grand-parents!!! :)

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Robert! We are all so very proud of our granddaughter! She finished high school in 3 years, except for one senior class she couldn't take earlier. So she took 4 college credit classes this year, and those required a 5 hour final test at the end (for each class!) before she could get college credit for them. Her plan now is to start college this summer, rather than wait for Sept. to begin.
Her mom was a smart student too, but they must have gotten it from my wife, as I was a metal shop expert in high school, and not a book worm!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Thanks Robert! We are all so very proud of our granddaughter! She finished high school in 3 years, except for one senior class she couldn't take earlier. So she took 4 college credit classes this year, and those required a 5 hour final test at the end (for each class!) before she could get college credit for them. Her plan now is to start college this summer, rather than wait for Sept. to begin.
Her mom was a smart student too, but they must have gotten it from my wife, as I was a metal shop expert in high school, and not a book worm!
That's absolutely wonderful! A "Lot" to be proud of!!!

And I resemble the last remark. :D :D :D

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well all the forces of evil were against my making the opening night of the summer cruise/drags! Got the Austin out, and wiped it down. Loaded up the cooler and snacks, and headed out. About a mile from home the car sputtered to a stop. No fuel, and with the engine dead I had no fuel pressure, and couldn't hear the fuel pump purring!
I grabbed my cell phone and called my wife, who came and got me. Luckily I was able to coast into a restaurant parking lot, but it was right by a commuter train stop, and I quickly had a crowd of creepy looking people hanging around and looking the car over. Tried to be friendly, and answer questions about the Austin, but didn't feel comfortable as we drove off to go get my truck and tools.
I hit the speed shop down the road a couple miles from home, and got a new Holley blue fuel pump, and called my son in law to see what he was doing. He was just leaving work, and had a flight out to San Diego at 7:30 p.m., but said he'd come by the house and give me a hand. We headed back to the Austin, and I quickly changed out the fuel pump, and hit the switch to hear the wonderful sound of the pump purring! I've never thought about the purr before, but now it's a warm feeling to hear it!
We headed back home and dropped off the Suburban, and I took my son in law to the airport in the Austin. Then figured I was a couple hours late, but might as well hit the event anyway! My friends had saved a spot to park, or I'd have been out of luck! The people directing traffic wouldn't let me get to them, as they said it was full, but I insisted my friends had just called and told me they had a spot, so they finally let me in.
Was only there for about 2.5 hours when it began to sprinkle, and everyone started a mass exodus of cars and bikes! But I made it for a short period, and maybe next week will be less eventful!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts