Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Does anyone have experience with these benders? I'm looking for a bender for brake line tubing, and tubing for cages.

http://www.barnonediesel.com/Metal_Benders.php

I've been looking around at the options and these appeared to be affordably priced, American made and lifetime warrantied. I just was hoping to get some actual reviews on them.

Thanks

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
I believe these were the benders were on display at Fall Carlisle. If so they have a unique die set that some what stack as if they were laminated. I remember the case they came in and the brute yellow color. As far as I could tell they looked well built, and were priced very reasonable. Again if this was the same company they also offered a die set made from a very hard plastic like Delron or UHMW.. Really look to be a nice unit and the fellow allowed onlookers to bend some tube. The only question I never asked is, if there was a way to add hydraulics when bending larger material.

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
Vall I wish I took a picture of the work they were doing with it. They had a small one that actually did brake and fuel line and would bend small brackets and such. Now a bit pricey if you were looking to do just brake and gas line... I have the same one you do Vall, and its worked well for the past 25 plus years... :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help!
I emailed the company I listed and they said that delrin is used for some of the dies. I thought that was rather clever and tells me it is very durable. My first question was about using some type of a ram or jack to assist in my bending. I learned that with the brute bender I could add a port a power in. I went ahead and bought a brute and the mighty mite package should be here soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got my benders and dies in today. I've only done a few bends, but the quality is amazing, and the bends are really easy, even on the bigger stuff. I'm gonna have to watch the videos lol. The place I bought my benders from sent me an arrival email and they offer 5% discount pricing for any referral customers, so tell them I sent ya and they'll fix you up. Gonna have to get the wife to help me on the pictures.

Thanks again for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts