Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's where we started

here's where we got to in '10
'93 Mustang engine with a t5, a bunch of body work, over arched front springs, a posi and some big ass radials out back; best time 14.71

for '11 a complete re-do with a built 306 with aluminum heads, 10.5:1 compression, roller rockers, a tunnel ram and some other go fast goodies, 406hp/373fp

tubbed and shortened the box as well as added a fuel cel and re-located the battery box

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
continued

chopped the shock towers and used a dropped pitman arm along with some caster wedges to help keep her going straight

made it to Mission for the Ford drags

she launches pretty good, but clutch problems kept me from a full pull, dangit

next year, hope to be showing folks more of this view lol

plans for this winter include a new clutch, getting a set of front springs made and a bit of minor tweaking...mebbe even a window tint

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Absolutley outstanding. Looks like a heck of a lot of fun. Introduce yourself in the intruduction section and tell us about yourself and your plans. Glad you could join in. Mark L

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Sorry, I looked at this post before seeing your introduction. Regardless, the welcome still stands. Keep us informed on your progress. Give us some specs on the small block, plus what RPMs you're using? Again, good to have you on board. And I would love to hear/see your truck run when you get it dialed in. Vids are great. Mark L

·
Administrator
13,309 Posts
Now that's working outside the box, and building something truly individual! I really like what you've done with a pickup, and making it into a great drag vehicle! Fun stuff!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
quick clip

Sorry, I looked at this post before seeing your introduction. Regardless, the welcome still stands. Keep us informed on your progress. Give us some specs on the small block, plus what RPMs you're using? Again, good to have you on board. And I would love to hear/see your truck run when you get it dialed in. Vids are great. Mark L
one last blast before she went into storage for the winter

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Now Dat be what I was talkin' 'bout. Nice sound there. Mark L

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
had a chance to swing by for a visit with the "other woman" today, stoked on next season already!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Your truck is just cool. Thanks for the video, sure sounds good, too. Any problems with traction?

Mike
still dialing the gearing in, right now I'm running 4.10 and with the tunnel ram, my optimum launch rpm (3500 to 4000) breaks the wheels loose, I'll be dropping tire pressure down to improve bite and trying out 4.56's and 4.88's early next year to slow my wheel speed down a bit

1 - 15 of 15 Posts