Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
:cool:

I'll be there for sure with my 56 chev.
I've attended the last few and had a blast.
3 days of drag racing this year July 18, 19, and 20th at
Byron dragway in Illinois.
There is going to be a lot of cars,if you want to race you must preregister(it's free)
Heres a link to their website.

http://meltdowndrags.com/

·
Administrator
13,534 Posts
I was watching the fun, but seems to have calmed down recently. Wish it wasn't so far from here, or I'd love to attend!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm getting my Mustang back together for the Meltdown....think I might throw a few extra bits at it to try and squeeze a bit more et and mph out of it...;)

Scott

·
Registered
70 Posts
Before the lettering....

Here's the car before the lettering job,which I am still finalizing the design of.
Other changes will include:
-rearched rear springs to increase clearance for the slicks
-new rear shocks to replace the 20+ yr old ones on the car
-larger front tires to level out the stance,and coil spring spacers if necessary
-subframe connectors
-traction masters

May also change intakes if track testing shows the current 650 Holley/Victor jr combo falls short on torque,and will definitely be stepping up from a 3.70 gear to a 4.56

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Still have it......

Rocketsled:
I still have the very tired 289 that was in the car when I bought it,but it's just got a stock 5.0L short block that a buddy gave me for $200.
The rest of the motor consists of parts I already had from the 289:Intake,carb,headers,etc.
It should run ok if it doesn't scatter....lol!

The combo is actually:

Edelbrock Performer RPM intake port matched to heads

Ported C6 289 heads

Ford X303 cam scored for $40

Used production roller lifters

Milodon pan and pickup

650cfm Holley

Roller rockers

MSD distributor

Steel billet flywheel

Ford racing damper

Ram clutch

4.56 geared 9" w/Detroit locker

Hoping to get a few 13.80's/13.90's out of the old girl.It should be a fun time!:)

Scott

·
Registered
70 Posts
Lettering...

Your Falcon is actually the car that gave me that extra little shove I needed to finally decide to do the lettering on mine.
I'm still working on designs,but I've narrowed it down to three:

-A Holman/Moody theme

-A Ford dealer sponsored theme

-one based heavily on Malcolm Durham's white Chevelle paint scheme (that man was a badass)

The designs I have done are all in Excel format,so they won't post up here,but I can email them to you if you want to have a look.:)

Scott

·
Registered
70 Posts
There are some REALLY serious cars showing up this year,and special guests this year are Ed Iskenderian,and Bones Balogh.
It's gonna be an event nobody should miss!:)

Scott

·
Registered
70 Posts
So,I added a driveshaft loop,subframe connectors,Traction Master bars,lightweight buckets...will have pictures by the end of the day,hopefully.

It's not fast,but I'm gonna have fun with it.Hoping to get mid-high 13's out of my little $200 motor :)

Scott

·
Registered
70 Posts
A little more progress

Fabbed and installed a driveshaft loop from a modified Allstar Performance kit,installed some Crites subframe connectors (very well built),fabbed new mounting brackets for the Shelby Traction Masters and installed them,and fabbed some brackets to mount my lightweight bucket seats.
Also swapped out my Vic jr intake for a ported Performer RPM and 1" spacer.My cam just didnt have enough wheaties to work with that intake.Should make lots more torque now!

Just got laid off too,so now I have plenty of time to work on the car!lol!

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,534 Posts
Car looks great Scott! Hope you've got all the parts, so being out of work will only require time to finish up the car! Those subframe connectors look much better than what I found for my Falcon. Mine don't hug the floor pan like those!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks Vall,
I actually had to notch them just slightly in one spot on each one for clearance.I blame this on the previous owner's crappy job of installing floor pans.
I have just about everything to complete the car,going home in two weeks after I finish my last shift to get crackin' on the ol grocery getter!

Waiting to get my distributor back from MSD with the new steel drive gear,re-install the interior,plumb new rear brake line and new fuel line,install new emergency brake,and about 867 other little details.....then start the shakedown runs and tuning!:)

Scott

·
Registered
70 Posts
These are pretty rough.so please excuse them...

Just a few rough drafts of the graphic schemes I have been working on for the car for the Meltdown Drags.

Let me know which ones you think work best.Keep in mind that the excel program makes it hard to get the spacing right,and I would like to stagger the lettering in the word "Shaker",but other than that,they are all fairly close.

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,534 Posts
From what I've seen of the close subframe connectors, many guys trim the floors away so the connectors actually get welded into the floors. Not sure there's anything wrong with your floors if they didn't clear, as they may be designed to trim the floors away and become part of the floor when welded in.
I like pic #3 with the Ford dealer logo, but like rear quarter names on #1 and #4

·
Registered
70 Posts
I want to go with the "Dyno Tuned by Oliver Klozoff" fender lettering,but my Dad (my Meltdown co-pilot) seems to be morally opposed to it...lol

You might have to read it a couple of times before you get it.....It's the name I've had on my hardhat for about the last ten years at work...lol

Scott

1 - 20 of 79 Posts